Rollerski in Wisc-Bike in Mich

Old July 17th 03, 06:40 PM
John O'Connell

Default Rollerski in Wisc-Bike in Mich

In a couple of weeks I 'm going to be driving from St.Paul to Petoskey,
Michigan. The Kalamazoo Nordic Racing Team will be holding a Training Camp
there. Three days of road biking, golf, cigars and Guinness. I will be
driving across Wisconsin on Highway 8 and would like to find a place to
rollerski for a couple of hours to break up the trip. Does anyone have
suggestions on a nice route that would not be too far off Highway 8, maybe
in the Rhinelander area.

Also any ideas on bike routes out of Petoskey, Michigan. We will be staying
at the same hotel and returning each afternoon so we are looking for three
out and back trips, hoping for 60-90 mile rides.

Thanks

John OC

Old July 25th 03, 08:31 PM
telewhacker

I'll suggest the same loop that everyone else will:
Petoskey-HarborSprings-Cross Village (via C119) returning on C57 (I
think this is the correct number. The road runs straight North/South
between Coss Village and Harbor Springs. Aprox 70 miles.

C119 is the famous Tunnel of Trees road. The speed limit is on the
order of 35mph, and the road rolls and twists along the bluff
overlooking the lake. This is a good choice even if it is windy as the
bluff pops the wind up over the road.

The Leggs Inn in Cross Village does a big business in quirky. Chair
legs adorne the roof, the interior is dominated by driftwood. The food
is authentic Polish, served by authentic Poles, the owner sponsors a
number of student/immigrants each year I am told.