Oz or NZ at short notice

Old August 12th 03, 11:00 AM
Keith

Default Oz or NZ at short notice

Hi there,

I'm off to Oz at the end of the week for a couple of weeks, and I'm vaguely
tempted to lug my boarding kit down there with me. Can anyone recommend any
Oz resorts, or suggest a cheap and cheerful way to get to NZ for a week or
so?

Cheers,
Keith

Old August 13th 03, 05:31 AM
Glenn

"Keith" wrote in message ...
Hi there,

I'm off to Oz at the end of the week for a couple of weeks, and I'm vaguely
tempted to lug my boarding kit down there with me. Can anyone recommend any
Oz resorts, or suggest a cheap and cheerful way to get to NZ for a week or
so?

Cheers,
Keith

Hi Keith,

Australia is having one of its best seasons in years. I was up at
Falls Creek in Victoria last week and it was awesome. Here is the
link to the Victorian Ski fields, Hotham, Falls and Buller are the
Best -
http://www.vicsnowreport.com.au/report.html

Perisher and Thredbo in New South Wales are also very good -
http://www.perisherblue.com.au/winter/index.shtml
http://www.thredbo.com.au/

New Zealand is having a terrible season to date, but hopefully it will
improve as I'm heading over in 2 weeks - http://www.snowreports.co.nz/

The main resorts there are Whakapapa & Turoa on the North Island -
http://www.mtruapehu.co.nz
and Mt Hutt, Coronet Peak and Remarkables on the South Island -
http://www.nzski.com

Check out http://www.snow.co.nz for all the NZ fields. Treble Cone is
my personal favourite, but checking out some of the club fields this
season.

To get to NZ from Oz, have a look at QANTAS, Air NZ or Freedom Air for
the best deals. You should have no trouble gettings seats at the last
minute.

HTH,
Glenn
Old August 18th 03, 04:01 AM
Sapphiro15

ure so lucky Glenn.

I was there during the winds and white out.
it was horrible.

u must've caught the dump when it stopped!

"Glenn" wrote in message
om...

Old August 22nd 03, 12:22 AM
Glenn

"Sapphiro15" sapphiro15 at hotmail wrote in message u...
ure so lucky Glenn.

I was there during the winds and white out.
it was horrible.

u must've caught the dump when it stopped!

yep, t-shirt and sunnies, sweet as. Looking pretty nasty this weekend
with rain and gale force winds forecast.

No problem for me, heading over to NZ tonight. Things have definitely
improved since obscurealien was there. Heaps of snow in the past week
with more on the way.

wrote in message ...
i was there earlier this season, conditions sucked. they were having
the worst season, all rocks and ice, hardly any snow, and they were
snowmaking. might be better now, might not.