The ULTIMATE Ski Vehicle

Old November 9th 04, 01:44 PM
pigo

"Richard Henry" wrote in message
news:xwYjd.38754$SW3.31081@fed1read01...

"pigo" wrote in message

Mine was the 15 passenger E350. The 4x4 conversion necessitated a 4 inch
lift. That was plenty. It put the step on the side doors 2' off of the
ground.

I took out the 1st 3rd and 4th rows of seats.

Did you drive standing up, like the UPS guys?

No. It was on of those airport type _vans_ only 4x4.

Old November 9th 04, 11:08 PM
Jay Pique

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 15:06:18 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote:

Jay Pique wrote:

I want a full sized Ford Van. Lifted about 6 inches. 4WD, with studs
all around. (Not to mention the one in the driver's seat.)

The interior is giving me fits. On the one hand, I want classy - so I
guess that means no red velvet. On the other hand, I want something
that (attractive/female) people can feel comfortable getting naked in.

Do you plan on a bed-analog of some sort, or will you just toss a cheap
foam mattress on the floor? What kind of budget do you have? Bathroom
or porta-potty? Van conversion (roof raised a foot or two) or
off-the-shelf?

As bdubya noted, I guess it would sort of depend on the grrl. I'm
thinking a hide-a-bed type of arrangement would be the way to go. No
bathroom of any sort will be provided. How else would we write in the
snow? With regard to budget, I can currently allocated One Thousand
Seventy Eight Dollars (Real American $$$, though) to the cause, pluse
a fluctuating monthly payment of give or take $300 - depending on how
the Orangemen...errrm... "Orange" do in the Final Four. I hadn't
considered the whole raised roof concept, but I'll give it my full
attention as soon as I finish this beer.

I'm leaning towards authentic naugagyde, as I've heard that some of
the crunchier ski grrls aren't so into bear skin rugs and such. I'm
open to suggestions as to color scheme.

Forget the naugahyde, get sheepskin. Something that doesn't show dirt.

Like mud?

A sort of gray/tan/beige/brindle/tweed sort of thing. Trust me on
this. You can use crushed purple velvet for accent pillows if your
heart is set on something less conservative.

But Walt would be crushed....

For the exterior detailing and paint job, I'm all set.
It's going to look exactly like the A-Team van.

I assume...well, actually, I don't know what to assume. Lots of gold
chains, perhaps?

No no - this might help.... http://tinyurl.com/7xmvu

JP
****************
....but would it beat Klaus' Saab up the canyon?
Old November 9th 04, 11:13 PM
Jay Pique

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 09:28:57 +0900, tm wrote:

Jay Pique wrote:

I want a full sized Ford Van. Lifted about 6 inches. 4WD, with studs
all around. (Not to mention the one in the driver's seat.)

Yosemite Sam mudflaps. Airhorn. Behind the grill gatling-gun.

I'm thinking more along the lines of a built in PA system.

"Attention all hotties! Free margs and "fugu", if you know what I
mean, in the VAN!!!!"

And then I'd be like "Hoa! Settle down! There's enough to go
around!"

blink

blink

Somebody please slap me.

JP

The interior is giving me fits. On the one hand, I want classy - so I
guess that means no red velvet. On the other hand, I want something
that (attractive/female) people can feel comfortable getting naked in.
I'm leaning towards authentic naugagyde, as I've heard that some of
the crunchier ski grrls aren't so into bear skin rugs and such. I'm
open to suggestions as to color scheme.

You can't go wrong with neoprene, preferable black. Don't forget the
blender and the tropical fish aquarium. Chicks dig margaritas and
sushi.

For the exterior detailing and paint job, I'm all set.
It's going to look exactly like the A-Team van.

JP
*****************
I get to be "Face".

Old November 9th 04, 11:20 PM
Jay Pique

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 21:19:34 -0700, "pigo"
wrote:

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
.. .
I want a full sized Ford Van. Lifted about 6 inches. 4WD, with studs
all around. (Not to mention the one in the driver's seat.)

Mine was the 15 passenger E350. The 4x4 conversion necessitated a 4 inch
lift. That was plenty. It put the step on the side doors 2' off of the
ground.

Yours is actually what put the idea in my head. I'm
not_totally_serious, but boy would it be fun. I remember going white
water rafting in a van once and hooooo-eeeeee was that a trip to (sort
of) remember.

The interior is giving me fits. On the one hand, I want classy - so I
guess that means no red velvet. On the other hand, I want something
that (attractive/female) people can feel comfortable getting naked in.
I'm leaning towards authentic naugagyde, as I've heard that some of
the crunchier ski grrls aren't so into bear skin rugs and such. I'm
open to suggestions as to color scheme.

I took out the 1st 3rd and 4th rows of seats. They were easy to clip back in
if needed, but the second row to sit in left plenty of leg room to put on
boots and get comfy. There was room behind to sleep with storage under the
bed. I left in the stock cloth seat, carpet and side walls. All the rear air
conditioning and heat was in there.

For the exterior detailing and paint job, I'm all set.
It's going to look exactly like the A-Team van.

Mine was the off white. I left it that way.

pigo

Old November 9th 04, 11:27 PM
Sam Seiber

Jay Pique wrote:

No no - this might help.... http://tinyurl.com/7xmvu

JP

Hmmm, tinyurl is growing. I remember the good old days where there
were ONLY four characters after the dot com slash. Ahh, the world
is getting so big.

Sam "Ullr dropped by Loveland today" Seiber
Old November 9th 04, 11:39 PM
bdubya

On Mon, 08 Nov 2004 21:20:38 -0800, Ted Waldron
wrote:

In article ,
tm wrote:

Jay Pique wrote:

I want a full sized Ford Van. Lifted about 6 inches. 4WD, with studs
all around. (Not to mention the one in the driver's seat.)

Yosemite Sam mudflaps. Airhorn. Behind the grill gatling-gun.

The interior is giving me fits. On the one hand, I want classy - so I
guess that means no red velvet. On the other hand, I want something
that (attractive/female) people can feel comfortable getting naked in.
I'm leaning towards authentic naugagyde, as I've heard that some of
the crunchier ski grrls aren't so into bear skin rugs and such. I'm
open to suggestions as to color scheme.

You can't go wrong with neoprene, preferable black. Don't forget the
blender and the tropical fish aquarium. Chicks dig margaritas and
sushi.

Chicks really like the taste of strawberry margaritas mixed with a
fresh fugu roll.

to my fellow ignorant gaijin...

http://www.destroy-all-monsters.com/fugu.shtml

ted

I'll stick to the toro nigiri, more fat less neurotoxins..

My bartender has absinthe on the shelf. For a small fee, he'll add a
good dose of wormwood for authenticity. Wild.

bw
Old November 9th 04, 11:52 PM
Jay Pique

On Tue, 09 Nov 2004 17:39:48 -0600, bdubya
wrote:

My bartender has absinthe on the shelf. For a small fee, he'll add a
good dose of wormwood for authenticity. Wild.

Is drinking absinthe *really* different from, say,drinking grappa?
Is the buzz better? And what's this wormwood additive - is it real
wood? I'm confused.

JP
*******************
It's snowing here.
Old November 10th 04, 01:10 AM
pigo

"Jay Pique" wrote in message

Yours is actually what put the idea in my head. I'm
not_totally_serious, but boy would it be fun. I remember going white
water rafting in a van once and hooooo-eeeeee was that a trip to (sort
of) remember.

I sold mine in 2001 for $14K with about 80K miles on it. It was a '95. I'm
not sure I'd go for the extra long one again and the diesel is worth
considering for such a heavy truck. They make them much quieter now. I'm
looking at D pick-ups now.

Old November 10th 04, 02:24 AM
The Real Bev

wrote:

Jay Pique wrote:

I want a full sized Ford Van. Lifted about 6 inches. 4WD, with studs
all around. (Not to mention the one in the driver's seat.)

The interior is giving me fits. On the one hand, I want classy - so I
guess that means no red velvet. On the other hand, I want something
that (attractive/female) people can feel comfortable getting naked in.

Do you plan on a bed-analog of some sort, or will you just toss a cheap
foam mattress on the floor? What kind of budget do you have? Bathroom
or porta-potty? Van conversion (roof raised a foot or two) or
off-the-shelf?

As bdubya noted, I guess it would sort of depend on the grrl. I'm
thinking a hide-a-bed type of arrangement would be the way to go.

We put in a raised plywood platform supported by pipe flanges and
nipples in the back of the van, allowing storage underneath. Not
exactly passion-pit decor, but as you say it would depend on the grrl.

No bathroom of any sort will be provided. How else would we write in the
snow?

You know grrls who can write in the snow? Uh, you know it might not be
a bad idea to introduce some of those "grrls" to your mom or sister or
somebody who might actually be able to tell...

With regard to budget, I can currently allocated One Thousand
Seventy Eight Dollars (Real American $$$, though) to the cause, pluse
a fluctuating monthly payment of give or take $300 - depending on how
the Orangemen...errrm... "Orange" do in the Final Four. I hadn't
considered the whole raised roof concept, but I'll give it my full
attention as soon as I finish this beer.

Probably over your budget, but it provides more standing room and/or
more storage and/or a place for an additional non-claustrophobic person
to sleep.

I'm leaning towards authentic naugagyde, as I've heard that some of
the crunchier ski grrls aren't so into bear skin rugs and such. I'm
open to suggestions as to color scheme.

Forget the naugahyde, get sheepskin. Something that doesn't show dirt.

Like mud?

Yeah, but mud with texture. You don't want to spend time cleaning or
making excuses, do you?

A sort of gray/tan/beige/brindle/tweed sort of thing. Trust me on
this. You can use crushed purple velvet for accent pillows if your
heart is set on something less conservative.

But Walt would be crushed....

Hey, if he wants to send 'em along, take 'em!

For the exterior detailing and paint job, I'm all set.
It's going to look exactly like the A-Team van.

I assume...well, actually, I don't know what to assume. Lots of gold
chains, perhaps?

No no - this might help.... http://tinyurl.com/7xmvu

Looks like an ordinary van/suv/whatever. I never watched the A Team.
With or without windows? Get windows. We had a non-window van and it
was miserable for anybody except the driver and one passenger.

...but would it beat Klaus' Saab up the canyon?

It might use it for traction. Anybody remember where to find the
Peterbilt Pilgrimage?

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old November 10th 04, 03:31 AM
Richard Henry

wrote:

Jay Pique wrote:

[...]

I made my platform out of 2x2's and angle brackets. I paneled the sides in
imitation-birch, with styrofoam insulation cut to fit between the ribs.
Built a little cabinet with butcherblock counter top and ss sink (20 gal
water tank under the bed).

I miss my old van. (sniff!)