Nice looking skiing at Copper

Old October 27th 03, 01:29 PM
Let Mikey Ski It!

Default Nice looking skiing at Copper

Saw some footage of the race training going on at Copper on the news
last night. They are not open to the public but it was nice to see lifts
running and skiers cranking turns. Schwing.

Soon.

Mike...

--
See my ski photography at: http://PowderDay.us
Carpe powder-diem
Old October 27th 03, 09:59 PM
H. R. Bob Hofmann

"Let Mikey Ski It!" wrote in message ...
Saw some footage of the race training going on at Copper on the news
last night. They are not open to the public but it was nice to see lifts
running and skiers cranking turns. Schwing.

Soon.

Mike...

Are you sure it was not leftover footage from last year? I didn't
think Copper had been able to make that much snow yet.

Bob Hofmann
Old October 28th 03, 03:40 PM
Sam Seiber

H. R. Bob Hofmann wrote:
Are you sure it was not leftover footage from last year? I didn't
think Copper had been able to make that much snow yet.

Bob Hofmann

I saw Copper yesterday. They will have two runs off the "E"
lift (Loads at Solitude station). One run for the paying
folks, the other run for the ski teams. One of the runs
from Solitude station to the bottom has a light coating
of snow. From their web site, they say they will open one
run off the "E" lift on November 1. At the end of the
day, download on the American Flyer.

Sam "Loveland is open, and I am at work :-(" Seiber
Old October 28th 03, 07:14 PM
Sam Seiber

Chester Bullock wrote:
Sam - I thought for sure you would be calling in sick today to go to
Loveland...

Well, my side job has kept me busy. I was up in Vail yesterday
moving around a bus around for a film shoot "Silver City".
It is the same bus I drive at Zangs. Kind of cool to have it
in a John Sayles movie. Hell, I am even going to be paid a
little something as an extra. But anyway, I had to take the day
off for that. Oh, by the way, first time I have to traveled to
Vail & back in a Semi truck. Want some real fun, drive a bus
onto a flatbed. It was about 1 foot wider than the bus. For
a short while, while the nose of the bus is pointing up, there
is no point of reference. Pretty weird feeling.

Anyway, today Zangs was looking at a "new" bus for our
fleet, and they wanted me to come by for a test drive before
our money man dropped the cash. Two and a half hours later
we have a fairly decent bus to haul our sports fans to the
games. Avs play tonite, and I will be giving the "new"
ride the real acid test. I hope we are busier than hell.
Soooo, that ate up a good part of today. Looks like Loveland
will have to wait for a few more days. After all, I do
need to get a few things done at the day job.

I guess I should go to Loveland later this week when the
colder weather arrives. What is Loveland without "bracing
winds"?

Sam "Loveland, I am on my way, soon! Really!" Seiber