Sking in Denmark and Southern Sweden

Old September 15th 03, 06:38 AM
Janne G

Default Sking in Denmark and Southern Sweden

Bob Creasote wrote:

That's a real shame but it was what I was told to expect but just had to be
sure....Can anyone comment on Southern Sweden, accross the bridege from
Copenhagen? Even if it was an hour's drive (train is better :O)

You have to go a little inbound to "småland" or "sydsvenska höglandet" there
they have snow some years, but it isn't guarantied that they got snow every year.

--

Forward in all directions

Janne G
Old September 15th 03, 07:58 PM
Terje Mathisen

Bob Creasote wrote:

Hi,

Is it possible to x-c ski in Denmark? Specifically the Copenhagen region. I
may be going up there for a short trip during the winter and I was wondering
if it may be an idea to take my skis. What about over the bridge in Southern
Sweden?

Take the ferry or a plane to Oslo.

This is by far your best (and probably fastest) way to get interesting
xc skiing when you're in Denmark. :-(

Terje

--
-

Old September 16th 03, 01:28 AM
Gary Jacobson

Any jokes about Danish skiers?

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Old September 16th 03, 06:21 AM
Terje Mathisen

Gary Jacobson wrote:

Any jokes about Danish skiers?

Danish skiers?

The only well-known (in Norway) Danish skier is Queen Margrete, who skis
for a week every winter with Queen Sonja.
:-)

Terje

--
-

Old September 16th 03, 06:05 PM
khamilton

i agree about x-c skiing in very southern sweden. i was told last
february by skiers from stockholm and points south they have hard time
practicing for vasaloppet.

i live (part-time) 70km ne of stockholm in Norrtälje. we had more
opportunity for xc skiing in alexandria virginia last winter than
Norrtälje! uppsala had better but still limited skiing.

i would suggest mora, sweden. it has air connections. from there you can
start at mora park, about 2 km from the end of the vasaloppet tracks and
ski the vasaloppets tracks. of course starting from mora, you ski them
'backwards' first and then return. you also could take the bus to sälen
and ski the 90k (less the first two and last two km) of the vasa tracks.
that gives you a famous and interest course. check their web page
(engelska) for more information.

http://www.vasaloppet.se/wps/VasaCMS...idan/en/2.html

and if you trip happens to be the last week of february, you could
always try to öppet spår (open tracks) on sunday or monday; that gives
you a diplom for the vasalopps course but no medal but costs less and
fewer people. you get 13 hours to do the 90 km but you must meet the
time controls. (otherwise you see the 'blue rope' and then get a bus
ride to mora, albeit very discreetly delivered in the finish area with
skies and number bib and no one can tell you took a quick way in)

if you are interested, email me direct and i will provide some
information about places to stay or to search. as you may tell, i am
enthusiastic about the vasalopps tracks

Old September 16th 03, 09:07 PM
Terje Mathisen

Bob Creasote wrote:

Looks like this is going to be my option....plus I like Oslo so that is no
problem.

Give us a warning here before you arrive, and we'll try to meet up/show
you some nice areas. OK?

Terje

--
-

Old September 19th 03, 05:21 PM
Davide Tosi

Terje Mathisen wrote:

Gary Jacobson wrote:

Any jokes about Danish skiers?

Danish skiers?

The only well-known (in Norway) Danish skier is Queen Margrete, who skis
for a week every winter with Queen Sonja.
:-)

Wasn't there that guy that was famous mainly for having married Trude
Dybendahl?

Old September 22nd 03, 04:28 PM
Svein A. E.

"Davide Tosi" skrev i melding
Terje Mathisen wrote:

Gary Jacobson wrote:

Any jokes about Danish skiers?

Danish skiers?

The only well-known (in Norway) Danish skier is Queen Margrete, who skis
for a week every winter with Queen Sonja.
:-)

Wasn't there that guy that was famous mainly for having married Trude
Dybendahl?

Yes, she was married to Ebbe Hartz.

Svein

Old September 22nd 03, 09:05 PM
Tim Sampson

Any jokes about Danish skiers?

Danish skiers?

When I was attempting to cross country ski on a holiday in Norway and
failing miserably to "fish walk" up a slight incline a kind Norweigan chap
remarked, "I've seen worse". Unfortunately, he followed this up with "... he
was Danish".

And I thought Norweigans didn't do humour )

Cheers
Tim