Dolomites

Old February 13th 12, 01:43 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

Default Dolomites

I am going to be visiting the Dolomites in a week or so. I am an avid
skiier, but my wife is juat a beginner. I'll only have one day in the
Dolomites, so I want to be sure I visit the right resort. Has anyone
suggestions? Have you been or do you live locally? I'd appreciate any
help or suggestions you may have. Thanks in advance.
Old March 2nd 12, 08:48 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

On Wednesday, February 22, 2012 9:00:43 PM UTC, Rod wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2012 15:23:09 +0000, Michael Chare
mUNDERSCOREnews@chareDOTorgDOTuk wrote:

On 13/02/2012 01:43, wrote:
I am going to be visiting the Dolomites in a week or so. I am an avid
skiier, but my wife is juat a beginner. I'll only have one day in the
Dolomites, so I want to be sure I visit the right resort. Has anyone
suggestions? Have you been or do you live locally? I'd appreciate any
help or suggestions you may have. Thanks in advance.

The trouble is the Dolomites does cover a large number of lifts which in
some cases are linked by buses.

I was in the Stella Ronda area earlier this year. Stayed in Canazei,
but couldn't really recommend it as a beginners spot.

Assuming your wife is not a total beginner then of the places I skied
then perhaps Corvara might fit the bill. We also did a day trip to
one of the many isolated - from the main stella ronda - areas around
Predazzo/Pampeago/Obereggen which might also fit the bill. Very
pretty and some tree level skiing.

However I'd tend to classify the area as being more of an intermediate
skiers playground - or those who like to go on longer treks. There's
not much in the way of difficult piste skiing. Pretty area though.

Rod

Hi Mate,

There is a company I know who may be well worth chatting to they are called Collett's Mountain Holidays. They know their stuff hopes that helps.