Bump runs in Austria?

Old January 31st 09, 08:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
yoshi

Default Bump runs in Austria?

Hi,
I've recently moved to Goettingen, Germany from USA. I used to ski in
Taos and Pajarito, NM and enjoyed nice bump runs a lot there. In europe,
I skied once in Innsbruck and Kitzbuhel, Austria long time ago, but I
couldn't find any bumps. Can anyone recommend ski resorts in Austria or
Germany which has nice bump runs?
Thanks,
Yoshi

--
yoshi
Message Origin: TRAVEL.com

Old February 3rd 09, 04:07 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
bod43

On 31 Jan, 20:29, yoshi wrote:
Hi,
I've recently moved to Goettingen, Germany from USA. I used to ski in
Taos and Pajarito, NM and enjoyed nice bump runs a lot there. In europe,
I skied once in Innsbruck and Kitzbuhel, Austria long time ago, but I
couldn't find any bumps. Can anyone recommend ski resorts in Austria or
Germany which has nice bump runs?
Thanks,
Yoshi

Can't help with Austria however France is nearer than the USA

Tignes, France.
Les Leisses (Black) seems to be left to its own devices
and not be pisted until it is really, really bumpy.

Under les Tommeuses lift there are some (it is strictly
off piste but not far away) bumps that are decently
long.

Maybe under the Aeroski lift too.

My experience is that bumps are generally hard to find.
Took me years and years of holiday skiing to get enough
under my belt to get to have a clue.

Google maps says 9h 30m drive, 1,000km.

Some ski schools do bumps courses.
http://www.inspiredtoski.com/courses/bumps
I have been with this one a few times and would
definately go back.

http://www.snoworks.co.uk/i-skiing/bumps.html
I want to try this one sometime.

Quite a few instructors work or have worked for both of these.

Both are British owned and all Instructors are highly
qualified and speak native (mostly) or excellent
English. Many are mad as hatters which makes for
interesting times.

They presumably know where the bumps are.

Old February 3rd 09, 04:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Eugene Miya

In article ,
bod43 wrote:
On 31 Jan, 20:29, yoshi wrote:
Taos and Pajarito, NM and enjoyed nice bump runs a lot there. In europe,
I skied once in Innsbruck and Kitzbuhel, Austria long time ago, but I
couldn't find any bumps. Can anyone recommend ski resorts in Austria or
Germany which has nice bump runs?

Can't help with Austria however France is nearer than the USA

Any of the Arlberg resorts.
They pride themselves on their moguls, especially St. Anton.

--

Looking for an H-912 (container).

------------ And now a word from our sponsor ----------------------
For a quality mail server, try SurgeMail, easy to install,
fast, efficient and reliable. Run a million users on a standard
PC running NT or Unix without running out of power, use the best!
---- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_surgemail.htm ----
Old February 3rd 09, 08:38 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace[_3_]

On Mon, 2 Feb 2009 20:07:17 -0800 (PST), bod43
wrote:

http://www.inspiredtoski.com/courses/bumps
I have been with this one a few times and would
definately go back.

http://www.snoworks.co.uk/i-skiing/bumps.html
I want to try this one sometime.

I've not done the bumps courses, but have skiied with many of the
trainers these two companies use. For background, the founders of each
used to jointly run "The Ski Company" for around 15 years. I've skiied
with them several times and would endorse Bod's general
recommendation.

Quite a few instructors work or have worked for both of these.

Indeed. There's a floating pool of BASI trainers who do work for, and
in some cases run, several of the British ski schools in the alps.
Many of them help out on the Ski Club's reps' and refresher courses.

Both are British owned and all Instructors are highly
qualified and speak native (mostly) or excellent
English. Many are mad as hatters which makes for
interesting times.

"I'm mad, me!"
Old February 3rd 09, 08:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Florian Anwander

Hi yoshi

I've recently moved to Goettingen, Germany from USA. I used to ski in
Taos and Pajarito, NM and enjoyed nice bump runs a lot there. In europe,
I skied once in Innsbruck and Kitzbuhel, Austria long time ago, but I
couldn't find any bumps. Can anyone recommend ski resorts in Austria or
Germany which has nice bump runs?

In Germany:
Tegernsee Wallberg "Glaslhang"
Mittenwald Dammkar (this is an unprepared freeride slope, but can have
mighty moguls).
Both are close to Munich, I don't know the ressorts in Allgaeu
(Obersdorf or some where like that).

In Austria the "Lärmstange" is a famous bumb slope at the Tuxer glacier.

Florian