freesurf snowboard circa 1993

Old October 31st 03, 04:41 AM
tlf

Default freesurf snowboard circa 1993

greetings fellow rippers,

any of you old-timers out there ever seen or owned a freesurf snowboard? my
buddy and i rented a pair of these '92-93 season and ended up buying them
from the rental shop later that year. i forget which model my buddy got but
it had a real wood topsheet (early predecessor to today's arbors) and was a
159ish.. i now remember he snatched that one up quick, it was the only one
they had. he said he liked the looks of the truly natural wood. i ended up
with a 147 midoka. It's back and gray and has a round yellow stomp pad with
a black star cutout. the base is black with yellow 'warning sign' shapes on
each end...

anyway it turned out to be a great all around board...and i was just
wondering if anyone else remembers this company.

cheers,
-tlf

Old November 4th 03, 06:56 PM
nils

dans l'article 4Klob.66322$Tr4.188377@attbi_s03, tlf à
a écrit le 31/10/03 5:41*:

greetings fellow rippers,

any of you old-timers out there ever seen or owned a freesurf snowboard? my
buddy and i rented a pair of these '92-93 season and ended up buying them
from the rental shop later that year. i forget which model my buddy got but
it had a real wood topsheet (early predecessor to today's arbors) and was a
159ish.. i now remember he snatched that one up quick, it was the only one
they had. he said he liked the looks of the truly natural wood. i ended up
with a 147 midoka. It's back and gray and has a round yellow stomp pad with
a black star cutout. the base is black with yellow 'warning sign' shapes on
each end...

anyway it turned out to be a great all around board...and i was just
wondering if anyone else remembers this company.

cheers,
-tlf

Hi there

The midoka was a intermediate level board from freesurf that only had
success in rental shops. Freesurf was an amazing brand, with very good
carving boards such as the Mustang 160 'assym' great freecarve board! and
the great Highlander that won many races in europe in the 93-95 years...

Freesurf lacked finances and the shapers ceased activity around 1997. They
are now reunited under the name Boheme and they make very good quality
Swallowtail boards, as well as good powder skis more info on
http://www.boheme.fr

Nils/swoard team

Old February 28th 08, 01:50 AM
munkey munkey is offline
Junior Member

Smile

omg...

I still have the 160 sitting in my laundry room...I think I rode it maybe twice since I couldn't keep snow off it.. I kept as a keep sake so to speak. The dude with the pipe is just classic...
Old August 12th 13, 10:40 PM
kawasakiman84 kawasakiman84 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkey View Post
omg...

I still have the 160 sitting in my laundry room...I think I rode it maybe twice since I couldn't keep snow off it.. I kept as a keep sake so to speak. The dude with the pipe is just classic...
i know this is an old thread but my first board was a free surf and i was wondering how to id witch model all it says is free surf 159cm wide series. it is black and red with am mountain graphic.any ideas ?? it is a good old board stiff as heck and turns like its in fire.