sun glasses ?

Old February 25th 04, 08:30 PM
Tommy

Default sun glasses ?

Hi All,

I'm going sking for the first time and would like some advice on sun
specs.
What types should I be looking at and what sort of price could I
exspect to pay. I'm in the UK

Or should I buy goggles?

Thanks

Tom
Old February 26th 04, 02:12 AM
The Real Bev

Tommy wrote:

Hi All,

I'm going sking for the first time and would like some advice on sun
specs.

Nice. Where are you going?

What types should I be looking at and what sort of price could I
exspect to pay. I'm in the UK

Or should I buy goggles?

If you plan on falling on your face, goggles don't scrape off skin.
Guess how I know this :-( Goggles also keep crosswinds from blowing
your contacts out of position and keep a larger area of your face from
getting sunburned. They're also harder to break, although they present
a larger area to the possibility of getting annoying scratches.

If you get goggles, look for cheap, easy to see out of and comfortable.
Everything else is hype. A lot of people recommend pink/rose for
greatest contrast. Others like sunglass-colored or orange or yellow.
Mine are light yellow, but that's just because I happened to find them
at a yard sale.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old February 26th 04, 09:09 AM
Greg Hilton

(Tommy) wrote in
om:

Hi All,

I'm going sking for the first time and would like some advice on sun
specs.
What types should I be looking at and what sort of price could I
exspect to pay. I'm in the UK

Personally as I only have one set of eyes I believe you should get a
good pair of sunglasses that offer maximum UV protection, as well as
googles for snowy days. I'd got to a proper ski shop and try some on, or
if you are driving to the ski resort maybe stop off on the way and get
some, ie from DECathlon in France.

I got greatly reduced Oakleys from these guys:

http://www.bargainsunspecs.com/

I use Oakley fives for skiing, but also use them throught the summer for
kiting, beach etc.

If your going in March sales will probably start in the next week or so.

Some people wear googles in the sun, I personally feel you get too
hot,and get silly panda rings! I use googles that enhance poor light
which I use when snowing/Very overcast.

Regards,

Greg