Womens 10K classic underway at Kuusamo right now

Old November 26th 06, 08:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
shreddir

Default Womens 10K classic underway at Kuusamo right now

P2P television stream seems to be constantly buffering every 30 seconds.
Weather looks windy at the start. I hear the noise over audio. Some early
Norwegian girls don't seem to have great kick on the first timing point
under the yellow inflated banner. Snow looks kinda granular? Has that raspy
noise. Smigun taking off her warm-up jacket now.

Old November 26th 06, 08:58 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jonathan Grant

It's raining, 5 deg C, snow 0 deg and humidity 100% according to Eurosport.
They are syaing it is going to be a lot worse for the men due to the ladies
going first and the temperature rising.

Old November 26th 06, 09:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
shreddir

no wonder so many girls are herringboning. Virpi Kuitonen is spanking
everybody right now. I wonder if she's using hairies.
. uk...

Old November 26th 06, 09:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jonathan Grant

It looks like they' ve got it live, too,
http://www.eurosport.com/wintersports/mc_vid30976.shtml

Old November 26th 06, 09:11 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
shreddir

Hey that's awesome. I didn't think we could see Eurosport live here in the
US. How did logon to the vid player am I using you as a "proxy" when I
cliked your link?
k...

Old November 26th 06, 09:15 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jonathan Grant

Sorry, I'm not sure I understand your question. I am in the UK, are you
saying that you can't see it where you are?

Old November 26th 06, 09:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
shreddir

No, I'm saying that clicking your link launched the Eurosport vid
player--it's working. When I 've tried to view Eurosport live before I
usually got some message saying " people outside of the EU aren't allowed to
view because of licensing crap Blah
Blah... So this is the first time I've seen their online stream.

Old November 26th 06, 09:26 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jonathan Grant

I understand. No, that is the direct link, nothing special. Maybe you just
got lucky, enjoy it while you can!

They also have a UK web site that is showing the same thing,
http://www.eurosport.co.uk/winterspo...vid30976.shtml, but they don't
always stick with the winter sports in the UK.

Old November 26th 06, 09:34 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
shreddir

The great thing about this is that I had written Eurosport off because I
didn't even see their live audio link anymore on the homepage. Having this
live video is even better. What's really weird is that I am still playing
my P2P tv link which isNorways NRK1 channel. They're showing some alpine
races right now while all the lower rank skiers are starting the 15 km mens.
When the Norwegian big guns - Jens Arne Svartedal get in the gate then they
will probably switch over to Finland feed. In the mean time I got my stream
ripper leeched onto Eurosport. Wooo Hooo!!

Old November 26th 06, 09:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jonathan Grant

Glad I brightened up your weekend. I'm off to watch it on the TV now, have a
nice weekend.