What happened (long)

Old September 15th 06, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Grimly Curmudgeon

Default What happened (long)

drugs began to take hold. I remember saying
something like:

Maybe a bit of this would have helped?
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=18648

Hard to tell from the video, but she looks Chinese; might be from a
visiting Chinese circus or similar. I've seen that kind of thing done
before by them - bloody good it is.

She didn't do it standing on her head - backwards. Must be a beginner.
--
Dave
GS850x2 XS650 SE6a
Old September 15th 06, 11:38 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
platypus

Champ wrote:
On 14 Sep 2006 12:51:27 -0700, wrote:

Maybe a bit of this would have helped?
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=18648

**** my old boots.

It may *only* be a pushbike, but that is pretty ****ing amazing, imo.

Symmetrical forks, fixed gear, no brakes by the look of it. Althoug I'd
imagine she'd be pretty useful on any type of bicycle.

--
platypus

ooh, how I sighed

Old September 15th 06, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
platypus

darsy wrote:
"sweller" wrote:

Champ wrote:

Maybe a bit of this would have helped?
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=18648

**** my old boots.

It may only be a pushbike, but that is pretty ****ing amazing, imo.

Read the comments from - predominantly - the US. They have the
attention span of insects.

'cos they're ****ing stupid.

Perhaps if it'd been titled EXTREME and had thrash music coupled with
more crash shots of attitude face mugging than actual skill on show
then it may have been kewl.

Utterly detestable ******s.

I particularly "liked" this comment:

"If she came past me stood on that bike, i'd have to kick her in her
chest. KEEP YOUR BALANCE THEN BITCH."

"Male, 18-29, Europe"

--
platypus

ooh, how I sighed

Old September 16th 06, 12:55 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
porl

darsy wrote:

On 15 Sep 2006 06:37:44 -0700, "porl" wrote:

darsy wrote:
"porl" wrote:

Molly wrote:
"Ace" wrote in message
So, I'm barrelling along a lovely country road on my way to work -
long straight followed by tight right-hander, so lots of beans being
applied. This is a nice road and I'm enjoying the ride in, but somehow
I get sucked into it. Mistake #1.

snip gruesome tale

Bloody hell. I go away and you do this.

He has made a bit of a tit of himself.

at least it was only the one tit.

Good man

is it just us, do you think?

You complete me.

Old September 16th 06, 06:25 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
The Older Gentleman

Lozzo wrote:

Champ says...
On 14 Sep 2006 12:51:27 -0700, wrote:

Maybe a bit of this would have helped?
http://www.i-am-bored.com/bored_link.cfm?link_id=18648

**** my old boots.

It may *only* be a pushbike, but that is pretty ****ing amazing, imo.

I wonder what she'd be like on a motorcycle, given those skills?

My first thought, too. Well, second, after I'd finished admiring her
arse.

Bloody impressive bit of riding, that.

--
Trophy 1200 750SS CB400F CD250 Z650
GAGARPHOF#30 GHPOTHUF#1 BOTAFOT#60 ANORAK#06 YTC#3
Old September 16th 06, 08:47 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Andy Bonwick

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 21:10:43 +0100, "Hog"
wrote:

Andy Bonwick wrote:
On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 22:42:09 +0100, Champ wrote:

Sure, one can learn. But I think it's a particularly advanced skill.

I've gone for the 'throw it on its side' approach on a trackday (1)
where I was happy that the run off was ok if it all went wrong but on
the road I think I'd have been hard on the brakes in the same way as
Ace was.

(1) Copse corner at Silverstone when I'd missed the normal braking
point because I was too busy admiring my new fastest lap. It was only
the second lap so I really shouldn't have bothered.

and? well?

I stopped using the bridge as the trip point for the lap timer and I
realised how fast I could get through Copse if I was really trying.

Every trackday briefing I've been to has included the words "if you
think you're not going to make it then tip it over more" or similar.
It's all down to being focused enough at the time to go with that
theory and I don't think anyone riding to work is going to be at that
level all the time. I know I wouldn't be.
Old September 16th 06, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Champ

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 20:46:41 +0100, Andy Bonwick
wrote:

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:20:33 +0100, ogden wrote:

Champ wrote:

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 11:52:19 +0200, Ace wrote:

Finally a doctor gets there, maybe 30-40 minutes after the crash, and
I think she gives me some morphine at this point, which helps the
breathing somewhat and dulls the awareness of what's happening. A
helicopter arrives shortly afterwards

You got a ride in a heli? *******.

Paging Bonwick...

I get paid to fly in helicopters.

cnut.
--
Champ

ZX10R
GPz750turbo
My advice as your attorney is to buy a motorcycle
Old September 17th 06, 08:23 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Ace

On Fri, 15 Sep 2006 20:56:35 +0100, Andy Bonwick
wrote:

I've gone for the 'throw it on its side' approach on a trackday (1)
where I was happy that the run off was ok if it all went wrong but on
the road I think I'd have been hard on the brakes in the same way as
Ace was.

I've been re-analysing the moments before the flip, to try and work
out whether any of the other options might have been better. I'm now
pretty much certain that I couldn't have made it round the corner - by
the time it was clear I wasn't going slow enough I was already half
way across the road, as the skid mark[1][2] would testify.

The only other question is whether, had I not squeezed _quite_ so
hard, I might have been able to pull up before running out of road.
Given that I still had a fair amount of speed, I doubt this too. My
injuries would almost certainly have been much further away from
life-threatening had I not stoppied, but I think I'd have hit the
armco one way or another whatever I did.

Talking of which, it's one of those places where you can't help but
ask why there was a crash barrier there at all. Beyond was just a flat
field with no other obstacles which would have been an infintely
preferable stopping zone. Maybe it's more for traffic coming the other
way, as ISTR the field drops away a bit more steeply in that
direction. I'll have to go and have a closer look one of these days.

[1] Presumably from the rear tyre, although maybe the front was
skidding some too before it flipped.
[2] I didn't analyse in detail, but I remember seeing that it crossed
the centre line.

(1) Copse corner at Silverstone when I'd missed the normal braking
point because I was too busy admiring my new fastest lap. It was only
the second lap so I really shouldn't have bothered.

--
_______
..'_/_|_\_'. Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old September 17th 06, 10:26 AM posted to uk.rec.motorcycles,rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Verdigris

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 10:23:40 +0200, Ace wrote:

SNIP
Talking of which, it's one of those places where you can't help but
ask why there was a crash barrier there at all. Beyond was just a flat
field with no other obstacles which would have been an infintely
preferable stopping zone. Maybe it's more for traffic coming the other
way, as ISTR the field drops away a bit more steeply in that
direction. I'll have to go and have a closer look one of these days.

I suspect it's done more with larger vehicles in mind. The consequences
of a car taking the corner too fast and running into the barrier are very
different to those for a motorcycle: it'll probably be stopped and kept on
the road. Careering off the road could result in a car or other vehicle
rolling, which would be worse for the occupants. Obviously it's likely to
be the opposite way round for a bike: better to go off into the field.

Whether this is the correct decision is debatable: one would have to
consider which type of incident is more likely and it would also be
interesting[1] to know the accident/injury history of the corner, both
before and after the barrier was errected.

[1] Though not *very* interesting.
--
Simon - UKRM~verdigris,plus,com
Tiger - A return to good sense.