What'd I miss?

Old January 21st 09, 08:04 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.sport.golf,rec.skiing.alpine
Jeff Davis

Default What'd I miss?

In article ,
Alan Baker wrote:

I had to take a break from all my usual activities for a quick
appendectomy.

I suppose this means you won't finish your level II this year either.
A.J. Cargill took her level III with an abdomonal drain still functioning
after an emergency appendectomy. Jackson Hole cowgirls Barack, and you're
still a Canadian pussy. Geoff Uckyosef!
--
According to John Perry Barlow, "Jeff Davis is a truly gifted trouble-maker."

Old January 21st 09, 09:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
A mighty Hungarian warrior

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 22:56:48 -0800, Alan Baker
wrote this crap:

I'm glad you pulled through. Howze your recovery going?

Dave

So far: so good.

They let me go home almost precisely 24 hours after my surgery. I'm
sore, but no serious pain. The word is that it'll probably a couple of
weeks before I can get back to my more physical activities like hockey
and skiing.

Thanks.

Will you be able to play the piano?

A mighty Hungarian warrior
The blood of Attila runs through me
Old January 21st 09, 10:13 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.sport.golf,rec.skiing.alpine
-hh

Tim Adams wrote:

Welcome back - glad the surgery went well.

Ditto that. There's always the "pucker hour" when you realize that
its not something minor, which you're now fortunately past.

Even if you're not in pain, do keep up on the recommended anti-
inflammatories, as they help speed the total recovery. Also resist
the temptation to get back into the swing of things too early,
particularly as we get older and it takes longer to heal.

-hh
Old January 21st 09, 11:33 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.sport.golf,rec.skiing.alpine
Kommienezuspadt

"Alan Baker" wrote in message
Sorry, everyone,

I had to take a break from all my usual activities for a quick
appendectomy.

Let me assure all my friends (and the rest of you lot) that I'm am home
again and -- while sore -- on the mend.

So I'll have lots of time to kill arguing with all of you!

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia

I hope you have a quick recovery & I hope you have good insurance....

Old January 21st 09, 11:42 AM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.sport.golf,rec.skiing.alpine

You missed a parade down Pennsylvania Avenue, for one thing. Several
hundred and perhaps even thousands of people actually on the parade
route, but only about twelve spectators, including the new,
unqualified and unworthy POTUS and his family. Man! That looked
WEIRD. What happened to the fawning million-plus?
Old January 21st 09, 01:01 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.sport.golf,rec.skiing.alpine
Kommienezuspadt

wrote in message
You missed a parade down Pennsylvania Avenue, for one thing. Several
hundred and perhaps even thousands of people actually on the parade
route, but only about twelve spectators, including the new,
unqualified and unworthy POTUS and his family. Man! That looked
WEIRD. What happened to the fawning million-plus?

You must have been on Faux News

Old January 21st 09, 02:33 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.sport.golf,rec.skiing.alpine

You must have been on Faux News

Actually, I think it was either ABC or that one that makes up the news
(CBS). Now that I think of it, though, it couldn't have been
CBS...they'd have used CGI technology to put people in the parade
bleachers.
Old January 21st 09, 02:35 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.sport.golf,rec.skiing.alpine
Bobby Knight

On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 07:33:03 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

You must have been on Faux News

Actually, I think it was either ABC or that one that makes up the news
(CBS). Now that I think of it, though, it couldn't have been
CBS...they'd have used CGI technology to put people in the parade
bleachers.

A million-eight in the crowd and not one report of an arrest.
bk
Old January 21st 09, 03:40 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.advocacy,rec.sport.golf,rec.skiing.alpine
annika1980

On Jan 20, 9:29*pm, Alan Baker wrote:

Hey Pitts, your voodoo doll needs calibrating.

OK...

No jokes that are actually funny until I've healed a bit more, please.

If you see me write "LOL", it's not a good thing right now.

Did they let you keep your appendix?
If so, send it to Eric so he can use it as a tournament prize.