The winter that wouldn't start, the winter that wouldn't end.

Old April 12th 07, 02:14 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

Default The winter that wouldn't start, the winter that wouldn't end.

The subject say it all.

Yesterday AM started out at Killington with
super mid-winter conditions of easy skiing
eastern packed powder following a couple of
powder days previously.

Temps in the 20's to begin, not enough sun
on previous days to soften up and create
EasternFirm(tm). It did warm up to almost
50 degrees with strong sun yesterday. My
wife said I looked very healthy when I got home.

Today it's snowing. It started about 7AM and
we have 4" on the ground down here in the valley.

We are expecting at least a foot up high.
Tomorrow and Saturday should be stellar.

However, rain is predicted, hot rain, I might
add, for Sunday. At least down here.

It could be the end of winter days and the
beginning of spring skiing, which we haven't
really had for the past few years since we
got washed out near the end of March.

It's April 1, fer cripes sake.
Old April 12th 07, 02:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
taichiskiing

On Apr 12, 7:14 am, VtSkier wrote:
[...]

Well, we got 4" to 8" the past 12 hours or so as well. Not enough for
powder skiing, but it'll sure cover up the bare spots nicely. Enjoy it
where you can, sierra-at-tahoe closes at 4-16, and heavenly 4-22. I
know I will.

'later,
IS

Old April 12th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

VtSkier wrote:
[...]

Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm slightly dyslexic.

It's April 12.
Old April 12th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

taichiskiing wrote:
[...]

A friend of mine here calls that "Martha Stewart Snow."

Just enough to cover the ugly.
Old April 12th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

VtSkier wrote:

It's April 1, fer cripes sake.

Yeah! Back up the calendar and get some more season! I like it.

Ullr bless us.
Had a foot of fresh on the mountain this AM but it was windy during the
night, so if you knew which slopes were lee those slopes skied more like
20 inches of fresh i.e. deep turns for the wicked. Best was that most
folk were apparently clueless as to which slopes were lee, leaving
untracked to yo-yo until I exhausted myself and quit.

However we still are well below half a normal season and the mountain
will close probably a month early, so it is winding down around here.

(Haven't heard any more about the sale.)

mid-winter conditions [email protected] Nordic Skiing 2 January 2nd 07 12:16 PM
When does winter skiing start? [email protected] Alpine Skiing 12 September 21st 06 07:37 PM
Winter Revolution Chuck Alpine Skiing 7 February 12th 05 04:36 AM
It's winter again VtSkier Alpine Skiing (moderated) 0 December 2nd 04 02:38 PM
Winter is Over Simon Brown European Ski Resorts 29 February 24th 04 08:35 AM