MCL injury due to ski

Old January 9th 05, 11:33 PM
The Real Bev

Richard Henry wrote:

"The Real Bev" wrote
Gumby wrote:

5) My advice is valid. While I'm not a doctor, I play one on TV.

Any Emmies to your credit, or are you just trying to be funny?

You must be old enough to remember that ad on TV. It must be the must
unconvincing line ever.

Of course not, that was WAY before my time. Didn't Durward Kirby do a
takeoff on that on the Carol Burnett show?

BTW, isn't it about time you posted your REAL name and address?

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old January 10th 05, 01:12 AM
Mary Malmros

The Real Bev wrote:

Gumby wrote:

wrote:

Please give me some advice. Your help will be appreciated.

1) Go see doctor

Crapshoot. Just because YOU found a good one doesn't mean that anybody
else will.

Don't you think it's probably better than asking some random strangers
for advice on the Internet?

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old January 10th 05, 11:29 PM
sjjohnston

Going to a doctor is VIRTUALLY guaranteed to be smarter than asking random
people for advice with no way of knowing whether any of them even knows what
they're talking about.

The only way it wouldn't be is if (a) your post were to be answered by a
doctor who was so brilliant he could diagnose and treat injuries better
based on a two-sentence cross-language description than an ordinary doctor
would after actually examining the patient and (b) you somehow could
distinguish between his good advice and the (possibly) well-meaning, but
ignorant advice of others.

If you're worried that even experts are wrong sometimes, rather than ask
anyone for advice, do whatever seems best to you. There's no reason to think
you're less qualified than arbitrary advisers, and at least you can actually
see and feel your injury. If that doesn't seem like a good idea, just act
randomly until the injury either goes away or kills you.

Knee injury while *standing still* - well, almost. FGreen General 7 March 4th 04 01:57 PM
Knee injury while *standing still* - well, almost. FGreen Alpine Skiing 24 March 4th 04 01:57 PM
Wrist injury Bert Root Snowboarding 12 February 16th 04 09:53 AM
Couple of questions (pants, gloves, wrist injury, half pipe). MP Snowboarding 7 January 25th 04 10:17 AM
UK travel insurance with preexisting injury? lizbubb Snowboarding 3 January 23rd 04 09:13 PM