Eurosport Races Now Available!!!

Old February 11th 08, 04:29 AM
doogiski doogiski is offline
Senior Member

Default Eurosport Races Now Available!!!

It took over half the season but I have finally tracked down someone willing to cap the Eurosport broadcasts for the remainder of the season! I will not be seeding these races on public trackers however, these races are available through a private tracker. Here's a step-by-step way of getting these races. The Otepaa races are up as I type this.

1. Go to http://thebox.bz/
2. Sign up a new account. If it says sign-up is disabled because of max members registered, just wait a couple hours and try again. They are very meticulous with the site and are constantly deleting in active account. For the most part, there are always 10-20 vacancies so it shouldn't take you too long to get an account.
3. Click "Browse" on the top bar and search for "World Cup", the Otepaa races should be somewhere on the first page.

I talked to the guy that is capping these races and he said that the races will be upped and ready every Sunday night of the race weekend. The best thing about private sites is that nobody caps their upload speed because of strict ratio rules.

I want to give a big thanks to Terje and Oskar for capping the NRK broadcasts for us North Americans this season. I personally can't wait to hear David Goldstrom and his "I wonder if he/she has enough petrol left in the tank." I'm just giddy about it!

Cheers
Adam

Old February 11th 08, 01:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Everett

On Feb 10, 11:07*pm, wrote:
Thanks doogiski!

doogiski wrote:

[...]

doogiski- Hide quoted text -

This is fabulous news for North American XC ski addicts!
Old February 14th 08, 03:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
tassava

On Feb 11, 8:30 am, Everett wrote:
On Feb 10, 11:07 pm, wrote:

Thanks doogiski!

doogiski wrote:

[...]

I just watched the women's 10k. You could get really well hydrated for
a race if you took a drink of water every time Goldstrom said a racer
had just "collected a big scalp" or given the distance in thousands of
meters.

Christopher
Old February 14th 08, 09:04 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - 'Roid Rage Edition ®

"tassava" wrote in message
On Feb 11, 8:30 am, Everett wrote:
On Feb 10, 11:07 pm, wrote:

Thanks doogiski!

doogiski wrote:

[...]

Really... does this guy ever shut up? While a racer is about to start at
the line, he yabs on about another racer, completely distracting from what
is going on in the actual race. I prefer NRK broadcast (I don't speak
Norge). That way, I can't understand what the announcers are saying and I
don't get distracted by all the verbiage.

Old February 14th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Are you sure that's Goldstrum and not Patrick Reed, the broadcaster for
snowtime.com, the WCSN feed, with a pompous presentation and seemingly
no knowledge of the sport, even as a recreational skier? Goldstrum
talks a lot too, but actually talks to the athletes. Eurosport English
is better when Mike Dixon, a biathlete, is aboard or running solo. You
might view it differently if you (and I) understood Norwegian, because
those guys keep it going too. When talking about a skier, they seem to

Old February 15th 08, 04:59 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jeffery Clarke

in article
, Everett
at
wrote on 2/11/08 6:30 AM:

On Feb 10, 11:07*pm, wrote:
Thanks doogiski!

doogiski wrote:

[...]

Bit Torrent was refused by the BoxBz. What Torrent client works?
JC

Old February 15th 08, 05:24 AM
doogiski doogiski is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellsouth Ijit 2.0 - 'Roid Rage Edition ® View Post
"tassava" wrote in message
On Feb 11, 8:30 am, Everett wrote:
On Feb 10, 11:07 pm, wrote:

Thanks doogiski!

doogiski wrote:

[...]

You have to remember that the NRK play-by-play are at the actual venue and have a much better idea of what's going on compared to Goldstrom who is probably in a building in the UK watching the same footage as we are (albeit live). He has admitted that sometimes the cameras aren't ideal but his knowledge of the sport is very good. Goldstrom does have some patented phrases such as "taking a scalp", "running out of petrol", and "now has he gone out too fast/hard?", but I'm sure the Norwegians have some saying that they use redundantly too. IMO because English is my first language, I'll take the Eurosport over NRK anyday.
Old February 15th 08, 01:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Sometimes Goldstom is distant but sometimes (mostly?) not. In the
latter case, he tells viewers. You can't gain the knowledge he has
without being present a fair portion of the time. The video feed,
however, is usually arranged by the host and common to all
the networks.

rm

Old February 15th 08, 05:10 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

The third Eurosport English commentator is Patrick Winterton. He tends
to share the Biathlon reports with Mike Dixon, but he covers all the
Nordic disciplines. Like Mike he's ex National Team, Senior Coach for
England (Mike is a Scot), still capable of winning rollski races, and
like David has that knack of assessing split times and forecasting
results from there.
He also commentates for Eurosport on Adventure races and is an
accomplished canoe adventurer.