'Nother dumb question...

Old January 10th 05, 09:32 PM
Steve Haigh

Rod Jenkins wrote:
"Le Dieu" wrote in message

Okay, just about to start packing my ski bag for the first time. It's one

of

those where you can pack in all your clothes and stuff around the skis....

Just a cautionary note: When we went to Madonna last year, all the ski,
board and boot bags were bumped off the plane and did not turn up in the
resort for 3 days. Fortunatley for us we had packed our boots in our normal
luggage and only had to hire skis and poles, but those who packed their
pants and jackets in their ski/board bags were in deep trouble.

Along those lines, some airlines will not let you pack anything other
than skis/poles in a ski bag (Air Canada is the one I know of for sure).
It sounds a bit tight, but they did check. They let me off carrying
socks inside my boots though!

As to the original question, if the skies are clamped together tighly
with straps or just a bit of gaffer tape then the edges should not cause
any damage. I've often packed cloths around skis (except when travelling
to Canada last year) and had no problems, but I don't tend to put my
expensive goretex stuff in the ski bag, for exactly this reason.

Oh, and "padded" ski bags just means there is padding in the ends.
Dubious advertising, but at least there is a bit of padding where it is
most needed with the padded bag. Not sure I've seen a fully padded ski bag.

Dumb seasonal question - any advice? Tom Snowboarding 3 March 23rd 04 08:49 PM
Intro and question Ken Campbell Snowboarding 6 January 30th 04 07:53 PM
a movie question (freestyle/extreme) Noumenon Alpine Skiing 0 November 16th 03 11:16 AM
Dumb Question Jeff J. Nordic Skiing 15 September 18th 03 12:15 AM
GS Ski Length Question ENORD Alpine Skiing 4 August 16th 03 06:14 PM