electric gloves

Old November 17th 05, 08:31 PM

Default electric gloves

Saw an ad for electric gloves (similar to hotronic boot warmers I guess).
Anyone familiar with them?

Old November 17th 05, 08:34 PM

DZN wrote:

Saw an ad for electric gloves (similar to hotronic boot warmers I guess).
Anyone familiar with them?

Yeah, they work fine at the small hills in the midwest, but on a real
mountain you need such a long extension cord that they're not very
practical.

//Walt
Old November 17th 05, 09:51 PM

Walt wrote:
DZN wrote:

Saw an ad for electric gloves (similar to hotronic boot warmers I guess).
Anyone familiar with them?

Yeah, they work fine at the small hills in the midwest, but on a real
mountain you need such a long extension cord that they're not very
practical.

You need the solar option that mounts to your helmet.

Seriously though, for the OP. If you have tried a good quality glove
and your hands are still cold, my first suggestion would be to see a
physician to check your circulation. You should be able to find a
conventional glove that keeps your hands warm at pretty much any temp
if your blood flow is good. Where are you skiing?

-klaus

Old November 17th 05, 10:36 PM

klaus wrote:
Walt wrote:

DZN wrote:

Saw an ad for electric gloves (similar to hotronic boot warmers I guess).
Anyone familiar with them?

Yeah, they work fine at the small hills in the midwest, but on a real
mountain you need such a long extension cord that they're not very
practical.

You need the solar option that mounts to your helmet.

Seriously though, for the OP. If you have tried a good quality glove
and your hands are still cold, my first suggestion would be to see a
physician to check your circulation. You should be able to find a
conventional glove that keeps your hands warm at pretty much any temp
if your blood flow is good. Where are you skiing?

-klaus

Oh, and don't forget that if you body core is not
toasty, your extremities will be cold regardless
of what you are wearing. The electric option may
just mask the fact that you body core is less than
optimum.
Old November 17th 05, 10:49 PM

VtSkier wrote:
Oh, and don't forget that if you body core is not
toasty, your extremities will be cold regardless
of what you are wearing. The electric option may
just mask the fact that you body core is less than
optimum.

Yes. Your body prioritizes things as follows:

1) Brain.
2) Core.
3) Hands and feet.

You should, too. If your feet are cold, put on a hat.

-klaus

Old November 17th 05, 11:16 PM

On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 20:31:23 GMT, "DZN"
wrote:

Saw an ad for electric gloves (similar to hotronic boot warmers I guess).
Anyone familiar with them?

With the price of natural gas, I've actually been wearing them in the
office since we've got the thermostat so low. Only problem is I tend
to fumble my coffBZZZTTTZZZZZAP!
Old November 18th 05, 08:07 AM

klaus wrote:
Walt wrote:

DZN wrote:

Saw an ad for electric gloves (similar to hotronic boot warmers I guess).
Anyone familiar with them?

Yeah, they work fine at the small hills in the midwest, but on a real
mountain you need such a long extension cord that they're not very
practical.

You need the solar option that mounts to your helmet.

I normally keep that in my pants.
Old November 18th 05, 09:37 PM

DZN wrote:
Saw an ad for electric gloves (similar to hotronic boot warmers I guess).
Anyone familiar with them?

If your head and body are adequately protected and your hands are still
cold, it could be the result of poor glove design. At high speeds, cold
air can pierce poorly designed gloves. I wear leather gloves that were
constructed with as few seams as possible. They work like a charm.

Jeff (wearing nothing but leather gloves)

Old November 19th 05, 05:22 AM

Jeff wrote:

DZN wrote:

Saw an ad for electric gloves (similar to hotronic boot warmers I guess).
Anyone familiar with them?

If your head and body are adequately protected and your hands are still
cold, it could be the result of poor glove design.

Or, god help ya, Renauds'(sp?) Syndrome. But that's the last thing to
contemplate.

Old November 21st 05, 01:20 PM

Jeff wrote:
DZN wrote:

Saw an ad for electric gloves (similar to hotronic boot warmers I guess).
Anyone familiar with them?

If your head and body are adequately protected and your hands are still
cold, it could be the result of poor glove design. At high speeds, cold
air can pierce poorly designed gloves. I wear leather gloves that were
constructed with as few seams as possible. They work like a charm.

Jeff (wearing nothing but leather gloves)

Okay... but doesn't the rest of you get cold?