Courmayeur (Post-Holiday Review)

Old January 12th 05, 06:04 PM
pete devlin

In message , Greg Hilton
writes
Why? I skied Jackson Hole over New Year and despite the locals saying
it was "busy" I can't remember more than 15 or so people in a lift
queue on one day, most days it was ski straight onto the chair!

*******! :O)
Did you do the Corbett's Couloir or whatever it is called? Is it as hard
as they say?
--
Pete Devlin
"Mind the oranges Marlon!"
Old January 12th 05, 07:43 PM
Greg Hilton

pete devlin wrote in
:

Did you do the Corbett's Couloir or whatever it is called? Is it as hard
as they say?

No I didn't, there was zero vis at the top when there was fresh snow
around. The "hard" bit is the drop in, if you make that the rest of the run
looks fine, you can cut into the bottom of it and it's a nice powder field!

cheers,

greg
Old January 12th 05, 09:00 PM
Steve Haigh

Greg Hilton wrote:

Steve Haigh wrote in news:34j3ibF4c51odU2
@individual.net:

Just avoid New Year,

Why? I skied Jackson Hole over New Year and despite the locals saying it
was "busy" I can't remember more than 15 or so people in a lift queue on
one day, most days it was ski straight onto the chair!

Sorry, I was just thinking about Whistle when I said that - other places
in BC (and JH it seems) do not suffer the same problems. Thanks for the
correction.
Old January 12th 05, 10:05 PM
Darren Atter

On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 22:00:43 +0000, Steve Haigh
wrote:

Greg Hilton wrote:

Steve Haigh wrote in news:34j3ibF4c51odU2
@individual.net:

Just avoid New Year,

Why? I skied Jackson Hole over New Year and despite the locals saying
it was "busy" I can't remember more than 15 or so people in a lift
queue on one day, most days it was ski straight onto the chair!

Sorry, I was just thinking about Whistle when I said that - other places
in BC (and JH it seems) do not suffer the same problems. Thanks for the
correction.

I spent the season in Whistler last year, :-) and although it is usually
quiet compared to European resorts it did get quite big (1/2 hour+) queues
at times. They were usually on the weekends when the locals from Vancouver
come up, and the nice new snow days always seemed to coincide with the
weekends:-( The queues mostly just appeared when the snow had just fallen
/ lifts opened, at other times what queues there were were very reasonable.

WOW! Ashley Newton North American Ski Resorts 0 March 28th 04 08:04 AM
Skiing Courmayeur, some basic transportation and logistical questions... james European Ski Resorts 2 March 4th 04 10:57 AM
Note to the observer: this freak is allowed to post torsa.moderated scottabe Alpine Skiing 60 March 2nd 04 07:26 PM
Holiday $$$ CRKringle Snowboarding 0 December 9th 03 09:15 PM
This can make you some extra cash, check it out. Nick Burns European Ski Resorts 0 July 14th 03 04:32 PM