Paging Mr Brown

Old December 11th 03, 06:50 PM
Greg Hilton

Default Paging Mr Brown

Simon, do I not remember you suggesting the locals saying it would be a
bumper snow year this season due to the moles or some such?

What happened or will it arrive late???

regards,

Greg
Old December 11th 03, 07:17 PM
Steve Haigh

Greg Hilton wrote:
Simon, do I not remember you suggesting the locals saying it would be a
bumper snow year this season due to the moles or some such?

What happened or will it arrive late???

regards,

Greg

I think Simon actually said the opposite... I remember I said it was
rubbish because moles are not to trusted (groundhogs maybe, but not
moles). I am beginning to worry that I may have to make a donation to a
Swiss mole-related charity by way of an apology.

Old December 11th 03, 07:30 PM
Greg Hilton

hmm, looks like he covered all possibilities:

22/10:

Locals are forecasting a mega-cold winter with loads of snow. And we all
know what snow brings don't we?

23/10

Locals now forecasting very cold with little snow due to the activity of
the moles. It's snowing here in Laax, got cold.

Old December 11th 03, 07:57 PM
Simon Brown

I know - I was thinking the same. The forecast has changed in the last few
hours to heavy snowfalls over the weekend. We'll get the snow, looks like
it'll be later in the season. Will give the moles a talking-to tomorrow.
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old December 12th 03, 05:02 AM
PG

"Steve Haigh" wrote in message
| Greg Hilton wrote:
| Simon, do I not remember you suggesting the locals saying it
would be a
| bumper snow year this season due to the moles or some such?
|
| What happened or will it arrive late???
|
| regards,
|
| Greg
|
| I think Simon actually said the opposite... I remember I said
it was
| rubbish because moles are not to trusted (groundhogs maybe, but
not
| moles). I am beginning to worry that I may have to make a
donation to a
| Swiss mole-related charity by way of an apology.

Well the perfidious French groundhogs, or 'marmottes', have been
lying through their teeth up here in the Tarentaise..... (no
criticism of the trustworthiness of the French in general
intended.....)

Pete

Old December 15th 03, 10:56 AM
Simon Brown

Hum, now 20 cms of excellent snow in Laax-Dorf, temp -3C, just been out
feeding the birds. Think there's a storm in the mountains, saw loads of
people returning at lunchtime.

Old December 15th 03, 11:21 AM
Ace

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 12:56:50 +0100, "Simon Brown"
wrote:

Hum, now 20 cms of excellent snow in Laax-Dorf, temp -3C, just been out
feeding the birds. Think there's a storm in the mountains, saw loads of
people returning at lunchtime.

Getcher skis out man! This might be the only opportunity you get ;-)

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old December 15th 03, 11:26 AM
Simon Brown

Look here Basel, those of us who live 1 km from the station, pay CHF 245
for the season ski pass, get local discount buying skiing clobber etc. get
only - as a minimum - 120 days a year to go skiing?

So I think I've another 119 chances left :-)
--
Simon Brown
www.hb9drv.ch

Old December 15th 03, 11:47 AM
Ace

On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 13:26:36 +0100, "Simon Brown"
wrote:

Look here Basel, those of us who live 1 km from the station, pay CHF 245
for the season ski pass, get local discount buying skiing clobber etc. get
only - as a minimum - 120 days a year to go skiing?

So I think I've another 119 chances left :-)

Bet I ski more days than you each season though ;-)

I mean, you won't ski at weekends, 'cos you say it's too busy, you
won't ski when the sun's not shining, when it's too cold, when it's
too hot, when there's too much snow, not enough snow or when it's the
school holidays. By my reckoning, that means today's gonna be the last
chance you get this season.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old December 17th 03, 06:47 AM
Simon Brown

Well last night it was -10C, today is already beautiful - 30cms virgin snow
down here, clear blue sky, sun shining. Forecast is for 4 to 5 days of nice
mild weather so those skiing this week should have a very good time of it.

Result: life doesn't get much better :-)