More neub question

Old March 23rd 04, 12:48 AM
Nathan Otis

Default More neub question

Understood. Thanks.
n.

"Sharkie" wrote in message
om...
"Nathan Otis" wrote in message

news:eJt7c.58233$po.544805@attbi_s52...
While I'm at it, soft boots vs step in boots... Major differences?

A lot of this stuff is covered in the FAQ, but the two major differences
I can think of:

1)step-ins only fit with their respective binding. So in other words if
you buy certain step-in boots, you are limited in your binding choice
to bindings compatible with the step-in system on your boots.
Soft boots on the other hand fit any strap bindings (in their size range),
so your choice of bindings is bigger. This should not by any means
deter you from a step-in system. If you find a pair of comfortable

step-in
boots, check if you like the binding and go for it.

2)step-in boots are usually heavier due to the hardware attached to them.
This might or might not mean a lot to you, but it is a factor to consider.

Old March 23rd 04, 12:51 AM
Nathan Otis

As for step in's...Its been some time for me but I just never felt

connected
to the board with them.

I'm just paranoid about popping out of them, I've never used them, never

intend
to.

I never even thought of that... STEP IN USERS, SPEAK UP! Do you "pop out"?
n.

Old March 23rd 04, 02:09 AM
Mike T

I never even thought of that... STEP IN USERS, SPEAK UP! Do you "pop out"?

I used K2 Clicker HB several years ago. I never popped out once I was in.
But, there were a few instances where I thought I was clicked in but wasn't,
and found out on the first turn.

Old March 23rd 04, 04:33 AM
Jeremiah Kristal

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004 03:09:54 GMT, "Mike T"
wrote:

I never even thought of that... STEP IN USERS, SPEAK UP! Do you "pop out"?

I used K2 Clicker HB several years ago. I never popped out once I was in.
But, there were a few instances where I thought I was clicked in but wasn't,
and found out on the first turn.

I rode regular clickers for 4 seasons, and then went to HB clickers.
I've never popped out, thought like Mike I did not quite click in once
or twice. Actually, I did pop out when I physically broke the base of
my boot, and I've since found out that those particular boots had a
bad habit of that (old Nitro somethings, very comfortable, and I miss
them).
I've snapped straps, and I suspect if I rode straps now I would have
broken and/or popped out of them several times. I ride plates 90% of
the time (which I have popped out of, takes a bit of time to learn
exactly how to adjust them), but I don't think I'll ever go back to
straps on my softboot setup. I find them very uncomfortable, and I
really think that the K2 Clicker attachment is the best possible way
to connect to the board. No extra flex, lift your toes and you're up
on the heelside, shins to the tongue and you're up on toeside.

Jeremiah
Old March 23rd 04, 11:50 AM
Dean

AsaaraAgain wrote:

Haven't seen any used '03 or earlier Flows for sale anywhere.

I recently replaced my FL-4s with Pro-11s. The FL-4s are available. The Pro-11
works better, in my opinion. However, I am unsure about the life of the little
metal tabs that keep the highback up.

Dean

Old March 23rd 04, 09:23 PM
Tom Holmes

I am on the wrong coast for you, I actually thought about selling them but
then I thought I would hang on to them just incase they work ok on dry
slopes in the UK...be nice to be able to get in and out quick on such a
short run.

"David" wrote in message

"Tom Holmes" wrote in message

In the past I have had Airwalk boots in K2 bindings and that worked out

ok,
Van boots in K2 bindings and that was alright. Vans in Flow bindings and
that wasn't great for me at all. I have since taken off my Flow's I

never
got on with them,

Want to sell 'em? If you're local to me (East SF Bay Area), and the price

is right...

I haven't actually used Flows (being a noob), but they look pretty cool,

and one
of my friends highly recommends them.

Old March 24th 04, 07:56 PM
Ace

I never even thought of that... STEP IN USERS, SPEAK UP! Do you "pop out"?
n.

I have switch x-type step-ins. I don't see any possible way to "pop
out" of them. The only time they clog is in deep, deep powder, but
there's ways to prevent that. They are incredibly easy to step into.
I usually step into them as I'm riding off the lift, so I don't have
to stop at all. My Vans boots are really stiff, but I wish I had high
backs on the step-ins. Oh well.
eric

Dumb seasonal question - any advice? Tom Snowboarding 3 March 23rd 04 07:49 PM
Newbie Binding Setup Question Joe Blanchard Snowboarding 2 February 26th 04 07:57 PM
Intro and question Ken Campbell Snowboarding 6 January 30th 04 06:53 PM
ski travel question moon General 1 January 27th 04 09:25 PM
Noob clothing question.. Calz Snowboarding 5 December 2nd 03 10:08 PM