Donek boards?

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 28th 04, 01:11 AM
The Blur

Default Donek boards?

I own several boards, (Option, Palmer Honeycomb, Donek Wide). My board of
choice is always the Donek. I am fairly new to snowboarding, only having
ridden about 3 years. The 161 Wide is, as they say, very stiff. I would
not recommend it for a beginner, but I wanted to dive into snowboarding, so
I figured what the hell. It has made me a better rider. I do prefer it to
softer boards, and I have ridden plenty of them. Except for choppy snow,
the Donek works great for me. The board is also super fast, if there is a
faster freeride board, I would be surprised.

Sean Martin, the owner is excellent to deal with and will work with you to
find the best board for your style of riding.

As for your wide foot, I have size 12 boots and use Palmer plates, they work
great on the Donek and I have no problem with drag.

FYI, my decision to buy a Donek was due to a lot of these same guys who post
in this newsgroup and Sean Martin. They were right on the money about the
board. If I had to do it all over again, I would make the same purchase.

"Rick Wilson" wrote in message
Anyone own a Donek board? I'm thinking about picking up a 161 wide to
replace my Joyride 165. I'm a freeride fanatic, haven't been to the park

or
pipe, but I might try it this year. I'm trying to find a board that is

wide
enough for my size 12 boots and will perform well for all types of riding

(I
know thats asking a lot).

Thanks,
Rick