adult pulk for ski and skate?

Old January 27th 11, 11:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
jeff potter

Default adult pulk for ski and skate?

I was thinking of getting an ice-fishing plastic sled. Those 6-foot
black barge things. Then screwing long skis to the bottom of it. Then
attaching crossed conduit with heavy bungie thru it and a padded waist-
belt.

Could a good skier pull an adult in a such a pulk?

One could glue foam pad into the bottom of the sled to make it nice.
And install a Thermarest chair to give back support for the
passenger.

Now, to get extra power and control, one could build a chair-like hand-
hold scaffold in the back, like a dog-sled or spark-sled. Then a 3rd
person could ride the tails of the skis and control the back of the
sled, kicking along for added propulsion and PUSHING up any steep
hills.

I was thinking that this kind of rig might work best on the ICE. I was
out Nordic ice-skating a few weeks ago and thought I could just fly
along with my skates and poles and pull a couple adults in a sled
behind me. They could be nestled in blankets and enjoy the moonlight
or something.

The capper might be if another padded waist-band was attached to the
first by another heavy-duty bungie so you could have TWO skaters or
skiers!

Mush mush!

(Would this work? Anyone try such a thing?)

--JP oyb

Sledge, Pulk? mccannam Nordic Skiing 16 April 7th 08 06:23 PM
Sledge, Pulk? BGhouse Backcountry Skiing 13 April 7th 08 06:23 PM
Pulk or Pack BobT Backcountry Skiing 5 December 6th 05 01:56 AM
Ski Pulk For Sale [email protected] Backcountry Skiing 0 January 3rd 05 04:06 PM
ski pulk, sledge Ed B Backcountry Skiing 0 September 29th 04 04:20 PM