No more English XC video

Old September 1st 06, 06:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Janne G

Default No more English XC video

Eurosport have changed their system so i do not have access to the
channel any moore. So no more XC- video from me sorry. :-(
But i do hope to present the Vasaloppet(in Swedish;-) at least.

JAnne G
Old September 1st 06, 02:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Craig Storey

Janne G wrote:
Eurosport have changed their system so i do not have access to the
channel any moore. So no more XC- video from me sorry. :-(
But i do hope to present the Vasaloppet(in Swedish;-) at least.

JAnne G

Hi Janne,

I would take skiing videos in any language. It's not really the
announcers, but the racers that make it exciting to watch.

Craig
Old September 3rd 06, 01:36 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
32 degrees

Personally, i kinda like the Swedish !!
You listen along imagining what they are saying ... then they yell out
something like "Koukal" or "Oskar Svard" and you know what they are saying,
kinda fun.

JK

Old September 4th 06, 06:44 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dardruba

Janne G wrote:
Eurosport have changed their system so i do not have access to the
channel any moore.

Hello Janne
In what way have Eurosport changed their system?
Mike
Old September 11th 06, 08:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Doing some web searching, guessing Eurosport turned off analog
reception in the area ...

http://www.ukfree.tv/helpme.php?faqid=213

Are there any other options out there in Euro land? North America
winter is going to be long without XC ski feed ...

Old September 11th 06, 02:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Norski

Doesn't Eurosport see the opportunity here? Apparently their service is not
available in the North America. I sent an e-mail to inquiry, but they did
not answer.
Why can't they offer the coverage on-line, where you can download a video
file every week? It looks like that is the direction OLN is going with their
cycling coverage. If you wanted coverage of the Giro, Vuelta or extended
Tdf, you have to use their on-line service.
As a side note, OLN is getting pretty disappointed. First they stopped
covering the XC World cups 5 years ago. Then World Cup mountain bike racing
disappeared. Last year no Giro or Vuelta coverage. Haven't seen any ITU
Triathlon World Cup or Ironman coverage this year. I feel like cancelling.

Thanks Janne....we used the video coverage to help design and build some new
skate trails.
--
Paul Haltvick
Bay Design and Build - LLC

oups.com...

Old September 11th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

I concur. Would be great if say iTunes Video got access to some of
these niche sports are offered downloads for $x each week as they were
released. But given the politics involved in media rights and the small
but sticky markets of niche sports, not too hopeful things will change
any time soon ...

Thanks again Janne G for past feeds for sure.

Are there any Euro folks that still have access to XC ski feeds that
are DVR-able?

Old September 12th 06, 01:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
dardruba

We may have a crossed line here.
Theres been no response from Janne yet but

I'm watching now the Vuelta on International Eurosport in the English language broadcast in Free Analogue on Astra 1 satellite compliments of the German Eurosport network.
The days stage starts (or the tennis match or moto event) and the commentary we receive switches from German to English suddenly, usually after the intro when someone remembers to press the switch.
We expect to lose this analog broadcast sometime in the next few years (hopefully not the next few weeks.)
Eurosport wont say when, the new countries to the EU receive this at present but are being pressed to go to Digital transmissions and to form their own National Eurosport.

We have digital in the UK compliments of SKY, with our own British Eurosport transmissions.
Its only available on their most expensive package. Too expensive for my limited interests.
The question on ukfree was whether we could get British Eurosport on free to air digital.
No Chance mate they have the monopoly, particularly on football broadcasts and they are very heavily encrypted.
Whats more minority interests cycle and ski races tend to be interupted without notice if there's an instudio discussion on footie or tennis for example.

So I was asking Janne if he meant that the International Eurosport cover in English on analog
was to be switched off in his area. I suspect I'm on the same satellite footprint so I'm starting to worry that I could be in for a big spend.
There is a live audio etc of the Vuelta on www.eurosport.com and hopefully this will continue for the Nordic events this winter, unfortunately our skiing could be recorded and transmitted later in the day.
So its watch this space (or rather watch the media news from Sky).
Mike

Old September 13th 06, 06:09 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Janne G

dardruba wrote:
[...]

I need a 3m dish (which i don't have) to get the Astra Eurosport analog
transmisson the last time i tried. You have been watching Digital Eurosport.
Old September 13th 06, 07:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Bob

"Janne G" wrote in
message
I need a 3m dish (which i don't have) to get the Astra Eurosport analog
transmisson the last time i tried. You have been watching Digital

Eurosport.

Hi Janne,
tell us where to send donations towards the dish.
Bob