2006 Burton Indie info needed please!

Old December 5th 05, 02:02 PM

Default 2006 Burton Indie info needed please!

Hi Folks,
I need some info on the following board posted on ebay:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/NEW-2006-Burton-I...QQcmdZViewItem
I can't find it on Burton's website and I'm just wondering what type of
board it is? I'm wondering if it is a good board. I'm looking at
getting it for my boyfriend. He's a pretty good snowboarder and is a
certified instructor. I wanted to surprise him for Xmas. Any info
would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Dew

Old December 5th 05, 09:06 PM

It's a decent enough board, but anyone can find last year's model for
around that price at almost any shop that sells Burtons.
I know it's so much easier to just mail order, but in this case, it's
something you might want to wait on....
I imagine your boyfriend is 6'2 and 180lbs, and that would be an OK
performing, very durable board, kind of like a HondaAccord of cars.
If he's picky about his gear, or is really an advanced snowboarder
(lotsa certified instructors are basically intermediate boarders), he
might want to persue more in the direction of the higher end, more
expensive models.
I'd consider the idea of dragging him into a snowboard shop (a big
one), right NOW, and get the same price on previous year's
boards....and let him decide which model and size..

Old December 7th 05, 08:08 PM

Hi Dew,

I would check to make sure that this board isn't too big for your
boyfriend. My friend has the 2004 Indie and he uses it for freestyle
and pipe riding. So I would make sure that the size and length of the
board will fit your boyfriend's needs.

-Frank