Where did the Burton Indie come from?

Old October 16th 05, 04:47 PM

Default Where did the Burton Indie come from?

I'm curious to know if anyone knows the history of the Burton Indie.
Is it comparable to another Burton? But given different skin for
retail purposes? I'm finding his board being offered at more and more
places, EXCEPT there's no info at burton.com.

Thanks, yo

Old October 16th 05, 11:23 PM
Bert Root

Prior to the stampede j tryped:

I'm curious to know if anyone knows the history of the Burton Indie.

No history I am afraid but the wife rides one and it is a nice board for
what she does which is go up the lift and come down without much else. Turns
easy and well made.

--
((((º Bert Root® º))))

Old October 17th 05, 03:27 AM

Thanks Bert...I have no doubt that it is a great ride. Burton has been
my brand for years and years, and what I've been hoping to hear is that
the Indie is a Burton made knock-off of the Custom (right!?!) that is
produced for the discount retail shops like Garts. It's very odd to me
that they don't feature the board on their own site. I'll probably
just pony up the extra $$$.

Old October 17th 05, 12:33 PM
Gladerunner Gladerunner is offline
Junior Member

The Indie showed up in 2002 as a replacement to Burton's mid-level Motion. Is was similar to the Custom but lacked the carbon I-beam, sintered base and Superfly 2 core. It no longer shows up on their web site because it was replaced in '05 with the new Burton Air (not to be confused with the old Air from the 90's) Hope this helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by j

Old October 18th 05, 02:56 AM

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.