Verbier Report 3rd-6th Dec.

Old December 10th 03, 11:10 AM
David Brown :o\)

Default Verbier Report 3rd-6th Dec.

Just got back from a few days in Verbier so I thought I'd give those of you
that may be popping over a quick report.

Arrived Wednesday morning, decent snow down to about 2000m but only
'Funispace' and 'Lac des Vaux1' lifts open with 'Funspace', 'Lac des Vaux1'
and 'Lac des Vaux2' pistes open. Slopes where in good condition and the
little off-piste that was do-able was nice soft powder. Winds picked up for
a while in the afternoon and blew a fair bit of the snow away but some good
skiing was had on both Wednesday and Thursday. The conditions were fine to
open a lot more lifts but the resort was pretty empty.
Friday the same lifts/slopes were open so I got the board out as all the
skiing had been well and truely exhausted.
Saturday there were a lot more people so they opened up 'Lac des Vaux3',
'Attelas3' and 'La Combe2' with their associated pistes, which gave a well
needed change and I should have gone back to skis but thought I'd stick with
the board as I need the practice. All pistes had been nicely groomed but
some of the slopes that had been open all week were getting a bit icey in
patches.
I left on Saturday night but as far as I'm aware there has been no snow
since.

For location of lifts/piste and current open lift status see here
http://www.televerbier.ch/index.cfm?...agetop=skiboar
d&dsp_image=skiboard&dsp_fla=domaine&lng=en

A couple of pics here http://kitemap.co.uk/verbier

--
David Brown )
http://kitemap.co.uk/stack