Equipment prices Morzine

Old October 27th 03, 08:44 PM
Nick

Default Equipment prices Morzine

Hi

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure for ski and boot hire prices in
morzine, and maybe recommend good shops as well and do you know if i
can get discounts for groups?

Cheers
Nick
Old October 28th 03, 07:30 AM
BrritSki

Nick wrote:

Hi

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure for ski and boot hire prices in
morzine, and maybe recommend good shops as well and do you know if i
can get discounts for groups?

The Sunday Times had this URL last weekend:

http://www.snowrental.net

I took a look and they seem quite reasonable, but you have to pay up
front, so consider any discounts against the CC charges etc.

I haven't tried them so don't know if they work well in practice, and
I'm not associated with them in any way.

Anyone used the service and can report ???

Old November 9th 03, 10:42 AM
VisionSet

"BrritSki" wrote in message
Nick wrote:

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure for ski and boot hire prices in
morzine, and maybe recommend good shops as well and do you know if i
can get discounts for groups?

The Sunday Times had this URL last weekend:

http://www.snowrental.net

I took a look and they seem quite reasonable, but you have to pay up
front, so consider any discounts against the CC charges etc.

I haven't tried them so don't know if they work well in practice, and
I'm not associated with them in any way.

Anyone used the service and can report ???

I've been using Sport 2000 on-line pre book service for the last couple of
years,

http://rentasport.sport2000.fr/?language=en

they seemed very reasonable when I first looked in to it. The snowrental
url you gave out seems a very similar service. I just compared to of the
range skis in Courcheval1850, with the sport2000 I had last year, and it is
even cheaper 112E v 82E. The main difficulty in comparing these services is
trying to compare like for like, the plethora of ski models is bewildering
for just the current models, when you chuck in the last few years as well
and then have to choose a set on the spot, not knowing whether the guy is
pulling a fast one - a right pain! Best bet is look knowledgeable and
decisive, be aware of last years popular models, there is an excellent site
somewhere that does good reviews.

Ah this was it:

http://www.techsupportforskiers.com

Seems a little broken now.

Anyhow, yes this sort of on-line service workswell, you seem to get a good
deal, you are in and out of the shop quickly, since they have all your
details to hand on a printout direct from the agent daily. IME, you are not
competeing with a bunch of package holiday organised kitting out sessions -
they always seemed to be at abother shop (But that may be just luck).

--
Mike W