Let it rain.

Old October 25th 05, 12:17 PM
Jay Pique

Default Let it rain.

It's been cloudy and mostly rainy here in the Northeast for a while
now. More than a couple of weeks I think. I just hope it keeps up all
winter in the form of snow.

The only thing that's dragging me down is the constant bombardment of
negativity from people bitching about the weather. Move to ****ing
Florida I say - weather happens.

JP
Hoping it'll drive away the nouveau riche.

Old October 25th 05, 01:28 PM
Walt

Jay Pique wrote:
It's been cloudy and mostly rainy here in the Northeast for a while
now. More than a couple of weeks I think. I just hope it keeps up all
winter in the form of snow.

The only thing that's dragging me down is the constant bombardment of
negativity from people bitching about the weather. Move to ****ing
Florida I say - weather happens.

Don't be such a sourpuss. Wilma is projected to sit off the coast of
New England and create a nor-easter with snow in the higher elevations.
So get your friggin' skis waxed and tuned, and get ready to bite me.

//Walt

Old October 25th 05, 01:56 PM
Mary Malmros

Jay Pique wrote:

It's been cloudy and mostly rainy here in the Northeast for a while
now. More than a couple of weeks I think. I just hope it keeps up all
winter in the form of snow.

"All winter"? How about _tonight_? Have you checked your local
forecast? Whoopee!!!

I'm praying for a very snowy winter that's warmer than usual (or at
least, warmer than last year).

The only thing that's dragging me down is the constant bombardment of
negativity from people bitching about the weather. Move to ****ing
Florida I say - weather happens.

Quite a lot of weather happens to the people in Florida, too -- but
nobody in the Northeast is gonna get a FEMA check when it happens here.

Old October 25th 05, 06:12 PM
bdubya

On 25 Oct 2005 05:17:17 -0700, "Jay Pique"
wrote:

It's been cloudy and mostly rainy here in the Northeast for a while
now. More than a couple of weeks I think. I just hope it keeps up all
winter in the form of snow.

The only thing that's dragging me down is the constant bombardment of
negativity from people bitching about the weather. Move to ****ing
Florida I say - weather happens.

I can attest they have weather in Florida as well, having just flown
down there to clear some family heirlooms out of harm's way.

Long drive back, but having a good radar detector made it go quicker.
So did driving an XK8. Got a little chilly around Nashville, though,
and had to put the top up. Bummer.

bw
Old October 25th 05, 06:23 PM
VtSkier

wrote:

It's been cloudy and mostly rainy here in the Northeast for a while
now. More than a couple of weeks I think. I just hope it keeps up all
winter in the form of snow.

The only thing that's dragging me down is the constant bombardment of
negativity from people bitching about the weather. Move to ****ing
Florida I say - weather happens.

I can attest they have weather in Florida as well, having just flown
down there to clear some family heirlooms out of harm's way.

Long drive back, but having a good radar detector made it go quicker.
So did driving an XK8. Got a little chilly around Nashville, though,
and had to put the top up. Bummer.

bw

Rain, hell!
It's snowing here now and I just got a message
from my boss at Killington and they are planning
on around 20 inches tonight. You may be issuing
a "bite me" in this direction.
Old October 25th 05, 06:26 PM
Sam Seiber

VtSkier wrote:
Rain, hell!
It's snowing here now and I just got a message
from my boss at Killington and they are planning
on around 20 inches tonight. You may be issuing
a "bite me" in this direction.

I guess since I have already been up 3 times this season I
am not in a position to issue a "bite me". I am trying so
very hard to get clear on these rules.

Sam "I ski Loveland" Seiber
Old October 25th 05, 06:30 PM
VtSkier

Sam Seiber wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

Rain, hell!
It's snowing here now and I just got a message
from my boss at Killington and they are planning
on around 20 inches tonight. You may be issuing
a "bite me" in this direction.

I guess since I have already been up 3 times this season I
am not in a position to issue a "bite me". I am trying so
very hard to get clear on these rules.

Sam "I ski Loveland" Seiber

Well hey, If I sent you a "bite me" then it seems
you are in a position to send me one too. I think
the only rule would be that you can't send a "bite
me" on the same day that you are eligible to
receive one.

Does this work for you?
Old October 25th 05, 07:18 PM
Walt

VtSkier wrote:
Sam Seiber wrote:
VtSkier wrote:

Rain, hell!
It's snowing here now and I just got a message
from my boss at Killington and they are planning
on around 20 inches tonight. You may be issuing
a "bite me" in this direction.

I guess since I have already been up 3 times this season I
am not in a position to issue a "bite me". I am trying so
very hard to get clear on these rules.

Well hey, If I sent you a "bite me" then it seems
you are in a position to send me one too. I think
the only rule would be that you can't send a "bite
me" on the same day that you are eligible to
receive one.

Does this work for you?

C'mon guys. We can't just make these things up as we go along. Look at
rule 32b sec 1. :

32(b) 1. Premature issuance of Bite Me
A "bite me" shall not be issued merely on the forecast of snow,
neither shall it be issued upon the actual accumulation of snow,
unless and until said bite me recipient actually performs an act
of skiing.

Also note rule 54

54 Solicitation of Bite Me
It is intended that any Bite Me's shall be issued spontaneously and
not as the result of a deliberate campaign on the part of the
recipient to accumulate them.
a) Bragging about or otherwise commenting upon skiing or snow
conditions actually encountered or expected to be encountered is
deemed acceptable as long as it is not unnecessarily lewd lacivous or
graphic, and that the level of exaggeration is within acceptable
guidelines as outlined in section C.
b) Solicitation of a bite me shall be deemed a violation if the
conditions fail to reach minimal epic proportions (as defined in rule
23d) in the opinion of the judges.
c) Under no circumstances shall a bite me solicitation be given for
snowfall less than 4 inches or for a hill with a vertical less than
500 feet.

And Rule 63

63 Reciprocal Bite Me
a) Giving or receiving a Bite Me shall not impact the ability of
either the giver or the receiver from issuing or receiving Bite Me's
to one another in the future.
b) Anyone receiving a bite me shall refrain from issuing any bite
me's for 48 hours or until the muscle soreness wears off, whichever
comes later.
1. When a person receives and gives a bite me on the same day, the
timestamp of the earlier communication shall be used to determine
which was issued first and the later bite me shall be rescinded.
2. Rescinded bite me's may not be stockpiled for later use.

So, It looks like you're you're in the clear, Richard, since your bite
me "warning" would not be considered a solicitation. However, please
keep in mind that Sam cannot issue you an invitation to bite him until
you actually go skiing.

But I can. Bite me.

//Walt
//
//
Old October 25th 05, 07:23 PM
Jeff

VtSkier wrote:

Rain, hell!
It's snowing here now and I just got a message
from my boss at Killington and they are planning
on around 20 inches tonight. You may be issuing
a "bite me" in this direction.

Wow! VtSkier is getting twenty inches tonight and I don't mean to imply
that he's gay. In PA, we got a couple inches in elevations over 1500
ft.

Jeff

Old October 25th 05, 10:10 PM
Sam Seiber

Walt wrote:

Riviting list of rules sniped

Thank you very much. That clears things up.
Bite Me. Oh, wait, I didn't go yet. That one doesn't
count. It slipped. REALLY!

Sam "Glad your fave MW area remains open" Seiber

rain, but no pain Stem Alpine Skiing 0 July 14th 05 10:39 PM
Rain, rain, please don't take our snow base away! Nevalainen, Eric Nordic Skiing 18 February 4th 05 11:24 PM
BC Rain and Conditions ttalb Alpine Skiing 4 January 25th 05 02:48 PM
Rain clouds may have a silver lining David Dermott Nordic Skiing 0 January 18th 05 12:58 AM
Rain, rain, please don't take our snow base away! [email protected] Nordic Skiing 0 January 12th 05 12:35 PM