warm-snow wax?

Old March 5th 04, 07:57 PM
Jon C

Default warm-snow wax?

"Terd Fartingmor" wrote in message
"warm snow" is 32 degrees. "Cold snow" is 32 degrees. "frozen snow"
is 32 degrees. Is there a pattern here?

Do you honestly think that snow stays at 32 degrees when the air temperature
drops to 20?

Old March 5th 04, 08:37 PM
lal_truckee

Jon C wrote:
"Terd Fartingmor" wrote in message

"warm snow" is 32 degrees. "Cold snow" is 32 degrees. "frozen snow"
is 32 degrees. Is there a pattern here?

Do you honestly think that snow stays at 32 degrees when the air temperature
drops to 20?

I doubt if Hollywood even owns a snow thermometer, much less comprehends
temp gradients through a snow pack.
Old March 5th 04, 10:33 PM
Terd Fartingmor

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 20:57:12 GMT, "Jon C" wrote
this crap:

"Terd Fartingmor" wrote in message
.. .
"warm snow" is 32 degrees. "Cold snow" is 32 degrees. "frozen snow"
is 32 degrees. Is there a pattern here?

Do you honestly think that snow stays at 32 degrees when the air temperature
drops to 20?

Of course not. Only when it warms up outside. If it's 32 outside,
the snow is 32. If it's 40 outside, the snow is 32. If it's 45
outside, the snow is 32.

If the snow gets warmer than 32, it's now called, "water."

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe
Old March 5th 04, 11:02 PM
Jon C

"Cold snow" is not 32 degrees, dumb ****.

Old March 8th 04, 01:57 PM
Marty

"Dhillus" wrote in message
Whew -- a real question about actually skiing!
I had really, really sticky skis the other day out in some warm snow the
consistency of mashed potatoes, the kind that can twist your knees off if

you
catch an edge. I had on three layers of Toko System 3 yellow wax, and I

thought
I'd brushed it out pretty well. But did I maybe not brush it enough? Did I

need
to rill it? Was that not the right wax? Did I need specific

well-above-freezing
wax?

Not sure about where you are skiing, but where I am, when it gets warm, all
of the dirt, grease, tree sap, squirrel crap, spit, snot, and whatever else
is usually frozen in the snow starts sticking to the base of even the best
prepared ski bases. And yes, if there is any wax on the surface of the ski,
this makes it even worse. Damn warm weather.

Old March 9th 04, 03:36 AM
LePheaux

"Terd Fartingmor" wrote in message
On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 20:57:12 GMT, "Jon C" wrote
this crap:

"Terd Fartingmor" wrote in message
.. .
"warm snow" is 32 degrees. "Cold snow" is 32 degrees. "frozen snow"
is 32 degrees. Is there a pattern here?

Do you honestly think that snow stays at 32 degrees when the air

temperature
drops to 20?

Of course not. Only when it warms up outside. If it's 32 outside,
the snow is 32. If it's 40 outside, the snow is 32. If it's 45
outside, the snow is 32.

If the snow gets warmer than 32, it's now called, "water."

Horvath opens mouth to once again remove all doubt .
shrug