Beaver Creek Women's Clinic?

Old September 18th 03, 08:25 PM
John Red-Horse

Hey Bev,

I'm glad that things are getting closer. One (final) thing:

In article , wrote:

user_pref("dom.disable_open_during_load", false);

Based on what you have been trying to achieve, my prefs.js file indicates
that this should be set to true.

This may be why your popoups weren't being blocked.

I'm glad you're on the path regardless.

cheers,
john

ObSki: Scored a pair Tua CR110's just prior to hearing that they were
filing for backruptcy. I am sad to see them go, but at least I get to try
a swan song.

Old September 18th 03, 09:07 PM
The Real Bev

John Red-Horse wrote:

In article , wrote:

That's now in preferences/privacy & security/popup windows. In the
/advanced/scripts & plugins area I only allow scripts to read and write
cookies.

You're right; this is what mine reads as well.

I've set the preference that way.

How does it read? I toggled mine to off, then back to on, and the
preference does not read like the help pages suggest it will. For my
system I get:

user_pref("dom.disable_open_during_load", true);

when I toggle the selection in the menu pick that you cite you use.
You'll want this in user.js, I believe, then you'll want to re-start
mozilla.

Do you see this preference when you visit the `about:config' url?

Thanks, I need it. Prayers too, just in case...

I hope that helps.

It did, immensely, but I think that The System ate my reply (I forgot an
obski, perhaps?), quoted herebelow:

The Real Bev wrote:

John Red-Horse wrote:
See
http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html#prefs for other ideas.

OOOH! Some of the entries on that page seem to have worked. At least the
'block popups' box is checked and Drudge hasn't thrown up any popups yet.
Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou...

Now to go rag on the 'experts' who didn't mention that page...

================================================== ==============================

Here's my current user.js:

user_pref("dom.disable_open_during_load", false);
user_pref("mail.server.default.abbreviate",false);
user_pref("mail.display_struct", true);
user_pref("privacy.popups.first_popup", true);
user_pref("privacy.popups.remove_blacklist", true);
user_pref("privacy.popups.statusbar_icon_enabled", true);
user_pref("font.minimum-size.x-western", 13);
user_pref("ui.submenuDelay", 7000);
user_pref("capability.policy.default.Window.open", "noAccess");
user_pref("dom.disable_open_during_load", true);
user_pref("browser.block.target_new_window", true);
user_pref("editor.htmlWrapColumn", 72);
user_pref("mailnews.headers.showUserAgent", true);

obSki: Heading out tomorrow for CO to make it 11 months in a row skiing on
snow. A fellow on telemarktips has been doing the min once-a-month thing
for a bit over 24 years now. A photo TR will follow.

Uh, me too except that I won't be (ob)skiing and it's been 6 months since
I (ob)skied and I have to hang around and explain to the Electric Man that
the meter reader read the meter wrong and that we haven't doubled our
electricity usage in the last few months.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Old September 20th 03, 03:58 PM
The Real Bev

John Red-Horse wrote:
See http://www.mozilla.org/unix/customizing.html#prefs for other ideas.

OOOH! Some of the entries on that page seem to have worked. At least the
'block popups' box is checked and Drudge hasn't thrown up any popups yet.
Thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou...

Now to go rag on the 'experts' who didn't mention that page...

--
Cheers,
Bev
"You should be glad that bridge fell down -- I was planning
to build thirteen more to the same design."
-- Attributed to I.K. Brunel, addressing the
Directors of the Great Western Railway