Other Interests

Old March 5th 04, 09:15 PM
Terje Mathisen

Default Other Interests

Gene Goldenfeld wrote:

Serge wrote:

There is so much in life than skiing...
OK... What is it then?

Latin ("salsa") dancing.

Yeah! I forgot about that one. :-(

Tone & I attended Salsa lessons last fall, now we're back to two hours
of ballroom dancing every wednesday.

(Waltz, Quickstep, Rhumba and Cha-cha are the most fun, while Slowfox is
_hard_)
:-)

Terje

--
-
Old March 5th 04, 10:14 PM
J999w

Punk Rock Karaoke (At 46 years old I was stillI was a multiple times
champion....I can tear up a version of the Dead Boys "Sonic Redcer and What
Loves is" also have been known to rip off a stunning version of "Press

BGang"
by the Murder City Devils )

do any Crass covers? How about minor threat?

I bet you do at least one Ramones song.

Gabba Gabba Hey !

jw

Old March 5th 04, 10:59 PM
32 degrees

Hi ho, let's go, Hi ho, let's go...
Long live Joey Ramone.
I have the COMPLETE Ramones collection on vinyl.
jk

Old March 6th 04, 02:04 AM
Philip Nelson

On Thu, 04 Mar 2004 12:03:45 -0800, Kenneth Salzberg wrote:

On Thu, 4 Mar 2004, Jeff Potter wrote:

Outdoor sports is a small-world family scene to an extent, so I
appreciate knowing these things. To me there's more to skiing than
skiing.

In no particular order..

Food and drink with friends - always!
Jazz guitar - started about the same time I started skiing ~1972
Computer software architecture - work and play
Whitewater kayaking - at my cowards pace
Reading - lately biography and history but anything from classic
literature to science fiction to trashy novels is fine by me.
Movies - turn off brain, ingest, repeat as needed
My old house - house turned 100 two years ago
Talking politics/society - Gene G. had me in the rare position of a
centrist after the Birkie this year.
Collecting art - been at it regionally since before I could pronounce Klee
Cuban cigars - good thing I can't get them here

Old March 6th 04, 10:18 AM
andrew bolger

Punk karaoke? Competitive punk karaoke? Sound fun!
FWW
Rock climbing and general mountaineering
t***marking
fell running ( very slowly0
canoeing and kayaking (canoeing has a similar retro feel to nordic
backcountry)
sailing
reading
beer seems to come into a lot of lists
I'm an Arthur Ransome enthusiast
and I'm trying to write up my Ph D

From: (SBull10152)
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 13:43:05 -0600 (CST)
To: Multiple recipients of list NORDIC-SKI
Subject: Other Interests

Triathlon (192 finishes in 19 years...swim, bike, run

Orienteering (just started last fall)

Adventure racing ( Mt biking, paddling, trekking etc...just began)

Old March 6th 04, 12:13 PM
Jay Tegeder

Here's my list;

Bicycling

Bike Building

Golf

Furniture Restoration

Hiking

Yeah, yeah, I know I don't have anything cultural on my list... Does
that mean I'm not well rounded? Opera-BORING! Theatre-BORING!
Classical Music-BORING! Museums-BORING! Ballet-BORING! Tap
Dancing-BORING!

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT

(J999w) wrote in message ...

Previously I've been into diving & gymnastics, volleyball (at 171 cm I
had to be the setter :-(), white water kayak, swimming & ham radio (I'm
la8nw).

(snip)

Terje

There seems to be several ham radio ops on here !

John Wilke
WB9UAI
Milwaukee

Old March 6th 04, 03:46 PM
-JP-

Outdoor sports is a small-world family scene to an extent, so I
appreciate knowing these things. To me there's more to skiing than
skiing.

I scuba dive. Love to go to Biscayne NP and Coral Reef State Park
(Florida) to swim among the fish. Nothing beat seeing SHARKs to
stimulate my senses.
Old March 6th 04, 03:55 PM
Leland Yee

Forgot to mention snowshoeing, jazz, opera (one man's boring is another
man's passion).

Leland

om...

Old March 6th 04, 04:33 PM
-JP-

Outdoor sports is a small-world family scene to an extent, so I
appreciate knowing these things. To me there's more to skiing than
skiing.

Part II. I must admit that I saw sharks only once. Scared the hell out
of me. I learned my lesson not to go into deep water again.
Old March 6th 04, 05:32 PM
SBull10152

j999w wrote:
I bet you do at least one Ramones song.

Gabba Gabba Hey !

jw

Of course....but I like to do the stuff that has an angry edge....saves me on
therapy...check out some pictures here...I'm the guy listed as Steve-oH! in the
Punk Rock Karaoke Hall of Fame...(ok so I was 2nd to the drag queen named
Neil...)

unfortunately, Punk Karaoke here in the Twin Cities is no longer....but it was
fun while it lasted...