Reasonable hotels in Samoens?

Old April 11th 07, 08:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
JR

Default Reasonable hotels in Samoens?

Just trying to sort out next years' feb 1/2 term trip, and need 6 twin rooms
in a reasonable hotel in Samoens within easy walk of ski-bus-stop (not
playing taxi driver again!). Any suggestions? What about "HOTEL LE GAI
SOLEIL" has anyone stayed there?

I'm out to Chamonix end of next week (end of season blast!) so might drop in
to Samoens to check out some possibilities if I can make a hit list.

Thanks for any advice,

John

Old April 11th 07, 09:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

On Apr 11, 9:44 am, "JR" wrote:
Just trying to sort out next years' feb 1/2 term trip, and need 6 twin rooms
in a reasonable hotel in Samoens within easy walk of ski-bus-stop (not
playing taxi driver again!). Any suggestions? What about "HOTEL LE GAI
SOLEIL" has anyone stayed there?

I'm out to Chamonix end of next week (end of season blast!) so might drop in
to Samoens to check out some possibilities if I can make a hit list.

Thanks for any advice,

John

Best hotel in Samoens is by far Hotel Neige et Roc. Good central
location with ski bus stopping litterally in front of hotel, nice
rooms, brand new leisure facilities, top quality food and nice owners.

see some guest comments on http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/defaul....198/#Samoens1

More details about Hotel Neige et Roc on on
http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/french...m/loadindex.49

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
XS
Peak Retreats http://www.peakretreats.co.uk
Ski Collection http://www.skicollection.co.uk

Old April 11th 07, 10:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
JR

I'm sure it is, but can't afford the prices! My subject header was probably
a little ambiguous, but "reasonable" in my case means affordable.
Demi-pension high season at N et R for a week is 770 euros which is out of
our price bracket. Looking for something along the lines of the Bellevue at
Vallorcine near Chamonix (which I use a lot) which is 48 euros/night for DP
which equals 336 euros/week same price all year round too!

www.bellevuealpinelodge.com

Cheers,
John

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old April 12th 07, 10:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

On Apr 11, 11:39 am, "JR" wrote:
I'm sure it is, but can't afford the prices! My subject header was probably
a little ambiguous, but "reasonable" in my case means affordable.
Demi-pension high season at N et R for a week is 770 euros which is out of
our price bracket. Looking for something along the lines of the Bellevue at
Vallorcine near Chamonix (which I use a lot) which is 48 euros/night for DP
which equals 336 euros/week same price all year round too!

www.bellevuealpinelodge.com

Cheers,
John

John, had understood reasonable in terms of standards not prices. I
agree Neige et Roc is not as cheap as other hotels in Samoens but you
do really pay for quality. All our clients rave about this hotel.

Cheaper and still very decent I would recommend the Gai Soleil (in the
centre), the Edelweiss (not great for skiing access if you haven't got
a car), and Boule de Neige (very easy access to the old gondola but
far from centre).

In Morillon, which is only 5 mins drive there is Hotel Le Morillon
which I can highly recommend. It is officially two star but worth 3
with an excellent restaurant. Prices are lower than Neige et Roc.
see http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/french...m/loadindex.50

Otherwise in nearby Sixt-fer-à-Cheval (10 mns drive away and very
beautiful) there is Le Petit Tetras and Le Gîte Auberge de Salvagny
which is basic but ok and very cheap.

Otherwise how about self-catering see Les Fermes de Samoens for
instance
see http://www.peakretreats.co.uk/default.cfm/loadindex.49. You can
then eat out most evenings for the same budget.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old April 13th 07, 06:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
John Ricketts

Thanks.
Also found La VuAir at Verchaix which looks v good........

wrote in message
oups.com...

Old April 20th 07, 09:55 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe

On Apr 13, 7:33 am, "John Ricketts"
wrote:
Thanks.
Also found La VuAir at Verchaix which looks v good........

Sorry John, don't know that one although I go regularly to Verchaix as
we have chalets there. The Verchaix mountain side is pleasant with
nice views towards the Grand Massif but a car is a must as it's about
8 minutes down to the Grand Massif Express in Samoens (lots of free
parking there) or to the Morillon telecabine (more free parking). The
hamlet of Verchaix has nothing there apart from the church so you need
to go down to Samoens for anything.

Old April 25th 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
JR

Thanks for input. I drove there on saturday afternoon from Chamonix for a
look around. Great place! maybe make a trip next year.

ups.com...