Estil ---- pursuit silver

Old February 12th 06, 06:12 PM

Default Estil ---- pursuit silver

Frode Estil is amazing.

He falls at the start, breaks a ski, gets a new one, catches the pack,
passes 70 people and still takes 2nd place in 30km pursuit.

congratulations Norway on silver that should have been Gold.

wow.

JK

PS. Dell Todd 12th at North. American Vasa, could possibly give Estil a run
for it next olympics.

Old February 13th 06, 08:15 PM

32 degrees wrote:
Frode Estil is amazing.

He falls at the start, breaks a ski, gets a new one, catches the pack,
passes 70 people and still takes 2nd place in 30km pursuit.

congratulations Norway on silver that should have been Gold.

wow.

JK

PS. Dell Todd 12th at North. American Vasa, could possibly give Estil a run
for it next olympics.

(!) Thanks JK ! Rumors had it @ 12th which turned into 13th - thanks
man. Very pleased with that race.

The crazy part is that yes, while I had a good race on good wax, Thanks
to the Dragon (PFX10 Low with CeraMax Low cold fluoro powder), very
fine skis thanks to the Salomon skaters, I came in around 2:31, and
Justin Easter was 2:12. Mind boggling. I got to ski directly in his
draft as it worked out in the earliest couple hundred feet which was a
minor thrill. I was quickly able to ascertain that there is a wholesale
difference between the two of us.

In turn, Justin got beat @ Nationals by approximately 10% in a couple
races.

I like the association with Estil. We should get Frode up to Traverse
City next year. That Oly pursuit race was epic.

By the way, it seems that Justin Easter is not that far off the
National pace, and has great promise, and he did have some good races @
Nationals. He is actually only 25 yrs old this year and if he can keep
chasing it, he might be able to take a swing on the World Cup in the
near future and that would be cool. He was a cool guy to talk to, he
helped me with some ski selection decisions. I'd root for him to do
well. We just need our top skiers to race on the world cup. There is no
substitute for that level of racing. To do well on the WC, we need our
skiers to ski regularly on the WC. Take Estil, he's "there."

DT