At last

Old February 12th 06, 05:24 PM

Default At last

A decent snow storm in the Boston area...

Just in time too --- I quit my job as of
last Friday.

Now, let it not melt... (Fat chance)

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in rec.skiing.nordic...)
Old February 12th 06, 09:14 PM

In article , you write:

A decent snow storm in the Boston area...

Yep. It's coming down in truckloads as I look out the window.
Windblown and especially Weston should be good this week.
Unfortunately it's not reaching very far north. Waterville
is getting only a few inches. Bretton Woods zip.
Old February 13th 06, 01:02 AM

Mark Drela writes:

Mark In article , you write:

A decent snow storm in the Boston area...

Mark Yep. It's coming down in truckloads as I look out the window.
Mark Windblown and especially Weston should be good this week.

Yes, I measured 15".

Mark Unfortunately it's not reaching very far north. Waterville
Mark is getting only a few inches. Bretton Woods zip.

Unfortunate, as we are planning to go to Stowe next week. It is
very fragile up there, and now they are calling for rain next Friday
(the forecast has been going back and forth between snow and rain for
a few days).

But I will have a great week of training here!

Old February 13th 06, 02:05 PM

Where are y'all located? I didn't see anywhere a foot (even a
meteorological, pre-compression, foot) of snow in Boston or Cambridge
this morning.

Lew Lasher
Cambridge, Massachusetts and Stowe, Vermont

Old February 13th 06, 02:16 PM

Lew Lasher writes:

Lew Where are y'all located? I didn't see anywhere a foot (even a
Lew meteorological, pre-compression, foot) of snow in Boston or Cambridge
Lew this morning.

Just west of Cambridge. The globe reported 18" in Cambridge,
if memory serves.

It was blowing around a lot, and was seriously fluffy.

Use it while you can, warms up a lot after tomorrow...

ah

Old February 13th 06, 02:47 PM

I was thinking of trying to ski in City Dump Park, which has a
"sledding hill" in addition to the big, flat areas for the uncountably
many athletic fields. But maybe the Minuteperson trail in Arlington
might be a better bet.

Old February 13th 06, 03:50 PM

Lew Lasher writes:

Lew I was thinking of trying to ski in City Dump Park, which has a
Lew "sledding hill" in addition to the big, flat areas for the uncountably
Lew many athletic fields. But maybe the Minuteperson trail in Arlington
Lew might be a better bet.

Minuteman would have too many road crossing and is too flat for my taste.

As soon as I can get my wife and son moving I am heading to Weston.

I plan to go to Windblown tomorrow, before the truly hard thaw comes.