Happy Thanksgiving

Old November 28th 13, 02:45 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'm sure everyone, except Trunky, has
something to be thankful for. I have a roof over me, and I'm
surrounded by treasures. I have plenty of friends and family. To use
a metaphor, "My cookie jar is full." God has been good to me.

I've got my bird in the oven and in a few hours I will be feasting and
watching football. Since I live by myself, a turkey was out of the
question. So this year I'm having a smaller bird. You may have heard
of the spotted owl. They're very expensive but tasty. I cant' wait to
chow down on those drumsticks. I'm glad they have a program to keep
them from going extinct.

Don't drink and drive. Unless you have a good cup holder.
Old November 28th 13, 05:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 07:56:20 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

of the spotted owl. They're very expensive but tasty. I cant' wait to
chow down on those drumsticks. I'm glad they have a program to keep
them from going extinct.

Translation: everybody hates you so much that you didn't
get a single invite to Thanksgiving dinner.

I got three. You got none. You probably got a restraining order from
several places.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old November 28th 13, 07:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thursday, November 28, 2013 8:45:47 AM UTC-6, wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'm sure everyone, except Trunky, has
something to be thankful for. I have a roof over me, and I'm
surrounded by treasures. I have plenty of friends and family. To use
a metaphor, "My cookie jar is full." God has been good to me.

I've got my bird in the oven and in a few hours I will be feasting and
watching football. Since I live by myself, a turkey was out of the
question. So this year I'm having a smaller bird.

Horvath, on behalf of most of us, thank you for those kind wishes.

We're just finishing up the last of our Thanksgiving cooking -- a turkey breast, because we can't work through all the leftovers of a whole turkey. We also have glazed ham, dressing, russet mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, about a gallon of real giblet gravy, a pumpkin spice cheesecake, Tollhouse cookies, and cherry pie. We are blessed, and thankful for it.

We've shared our blessings with elderly families in two counties. My brother-in-law and my sister have invited us to go out and visit, and shoot a few guns I've recently acquired but haven't had to the range yet -- a .45 ACP Taurus, and a Red Chinese Type 53 chambered in 7.62x54R. It's a licensed copy of the famous Soviet Mosin Nagant 1891/30. If bro-in-law has an old sofa or refrigerator out there, we may take turns practicing with its fold-out bayonet either before or after we put a few Commie rounds into it.

However, we're concerned about getting on the road today. One of my fraternity brothers from Dallas, along with most of his family, was killed yesterday in Arizona while driving their sons to a hockey tournament in CA.

I pray for their surviving son. He's got a long road ahead of him now, but if he's willing to accept help from our fraternity and his grades are decent, we can help get him into college and into a supportive group while he's there.

Jim in Texas
Old November 28th 13, 10:08 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 11:47:34 -0800 (PST), wrote
this crap:

On Thursday, November 28, 2013 8:45:47 AM UTC-6, wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'm sure everyone, except Trunky, has
something to be thankful for. I have a roof over me, and I'm
surrounded by treasures. I have plenty of friends and family. To use
a metaphor, "My cookie jar is full." God has been good to me.

Horvath, on behalf of most of us, thank you for those kind wishes.

We're just finishing up the last of our Thanksgiving cooking --
a turkey breast, because we can't work through all the
leftovers of a whole turkey. We also have glazed ham,
dressing, russet mashed potatoes, green bean casserole,
about a gallon of real giblet gravy, a pumpkin spice
cheesecake, Tollhouse cookies, and cherry pie.
We are blessed, and thankful for it.

Sounds like you had a feast. I had ham, potatoes, carrots, celery,
dressing, and I cut up a few apples and put them in the roasting pan
with the bird. I cannot stand cranberries or sweet potatoes. I ate
so much I didn't leave room for desert. I have pumpkin pie, Hungarian
cookies, pumpkin bread, and a Hungarian poppyseed roll. Maybe later
I'll have some of that pumpkin bread with a little whipped cream.

We've shared our blessings with elderly families in two counties.
My brother-in-law and my sister have invited us to go out and visit,
and shoot a few guns I've recently acquired but haven't had to
the range yet -- a .45 ACP Taurus, and a Red Chinese
Type 53 chambered in 7.62x54R. It's a licensed copy of the
famous Soviet Mosin Nagant 1891/30.

Well done. I like the .45 ACP Taurus but I'm a military man. I have
a Colt Mark IV/Series 70 Gold Cup .45 right next to me. I prefer the
Gold Cup over the standard Combat Commander because it has a lighter
trigger pull, an adjustable trigger and adjustable sights. My next
pistola will be a Browning 9mm.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old November 28th 13, 10:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 12:31:03 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

On Thursday, November 28, 2013 11:47:34 AM UTC-8, wrote:
On Thursday, November 28, 2013 8:45:47 AM UTC-6, wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I'm sure everyone, except Trunky, has
something to be thankful for. I have a roof over me, and I'm
surrounded by treasures. I have plenty of friends and family. To use
a metaphor, "My cookie jar is full." God has been good to me.

I've got my bird in the oven and in a few hours I will be feasting and
watching football. Since I live by myself, a turkey was out of the
question. So this year I'm having a smaller bird.

Horvath, on behalf of most of us, thank you for those kind wishes.

Holy ****. There is disgusting manipulation, gross dishonesty,
and all around smarminess, and then there is Munchkin James
Arthur Strohm. No wonder this asshole ran for Congress

There's two things I am especially thankful for this year. People are
finally seeing the White House resident for the charlatan he is, and
I'm thankful that you will be dead long before me.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old November 29th 13, 04:05 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thu, 28 Nov 2013 17:36:26 -0800 (PST), twobuddha
wrote this crap:

I am the Chaplain at the VFW and one of my duties is to say prayers
for those sick or in distress. I know he's not a member but I will
say a Pater Noster for him anyway.

Holy ****. Irony meter blows the Pope. HORVATH A CHAPLAIN???????

That's right, dumbass. I say the opening prayer and closing prayer at
the VFW meetings. I'll say a prayer for you, too. I will pray for
your speedy death.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old November 29th 13, 03:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Thursday, November 28, 2013 4:08:30 PM UTC-6, wrote:

Well done. I like the .45 ACP Taurus but I'm a military man. I have
a Colt Mark IV/Series 70 Gold Cup .45 right next to me. I prefer the
Gold Cup over the standard Combat Commander because it has a lighter
trigger pull, an adjustable trigger and adjustable sights. My next
pistola will be a Browning 9mm.

Mil stuff is generally good, even if it's 70 years old. I've got a Taurus PT-92 in 9mm parabellum, which is the exact same standard-issue sidearm of the Brazilian army. It's sweet, and can put an amazing amount of heat downrange almost as fast as a full-auto weapon. There's no question why the Brazilians chose it -- but being made in-country helped, I'm sure. It's a clone of the Beretta that's now the standard-issue sidearm for the US military. Interestingly, their contract for half a million of those required that Beretta open a factory here in the US.

The .45 ACP and 9mm are almost exactly the same size and weight. I hope to see how well they compare in handling. Of course, the .45 is missing one fun feature of the 9mm -- no factory 17-round clips that fit without protruding from the handgrip.

But both are still kinda too big for real concealed carry, although a shoulder holster would work if worn under a bulky sportcoat.

At one of the more interesting local mega-churches I've been to, they have heavily armed plainclothes security guards with Secret Service-style earbud radios to protect the pastor. Last time I was there, the one closest to me was carrying a gun this size, and the bulge on his hip made it painfully obvious that he was packing. I'll have to find something small, probably a .380 (although I hate to add another caliber). At close range, it'll be good enough -- but not as intimidating as either Taurus, so the need to shoot may be higher. At the same time, it'd be less likely to shoot through the target and down-range collateral damage would be lower.

Good luck on finding a clean Browning that costs less than a new car. Along with all legally obtained firearms, the price has skyrocketed since Bush was in office. Especially for the good stuff.

Happy Thanksgiving all! [email protected] Alpine Skiing 0 November 22nd 07 04:41 PM
I'm so happy Two Buddha Alpine Skiing 7 August 28th 06 03:24 AM
MISSING - A happy RSA Jay Pique Alpine Skiing 0 February 25th 05 03:30 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everybody Wayne Decker Alpine Skiing 0 November 25th 04 01:46 AM
Happy Thanksgiving everyone!! Sven Golly Alpine Skiing 6 December 1st 03 09:44 PM