Park City, Ut Here I Come

Old January 15th 05, 01:16 PM
Fairplay

Default Park City, Ut Here I Come

I will be there for 4 days at the end of Jan..I have NEVER been on a sky
slope and Im not palnning to do so at my ripe 54 yrs..What else is there to
do there, while my family and friends hit the sowy mountains ???

Txs

Old January 16th 05, 01:52 AM
lal_truckee

Fairplay wrote:
I will be there for 4 days at the end of Jan..I have NEVER been on a sky
slope and Im not palnning to do so at my ripe 54 yrs.

Why not? Lot's of advanced youth are trying new things every day. Grab a
beginner package the first day and maybe it'll catch on and solve your
"other activities" problem.

Otherwise, head down to SLC and spend some time in the genealogy
library. Weird place, weird stuff, weird peop^H^H^H^H uh,
conceptualizations.
Old January 16th 05, 10:46 AM
Fairplay

Txs for the reply and advice !!!!

Old January 16th 05, 08:01 PM
ttalb

"Fairplay" wrote in message
ink.net...
I will be there for 4 days at the end of Jan..I have NEVER been on a sky
slope and Im not palnning to do so at my ripe 54 yrs..What else is there
do there, while my family and friends hit the sowy mountains ???

Txs

Park City itself is a nice town with lots of restaurants, shops, etc....
Head to some of the resorts just to have your favorite beverage in one of
the lodges and watch the people. If you into the spa scene, many of the
resorts have them as well. There is an outlet mall by the interstate as
well. Temple Square is worth a trip to see.

Old January 17th 05, 04:29 PM
Giles

at my ripe 54 yrs

That's a shame! I'm about your age and just returned from a trip to
Steamboat CO where we spent several days with a group called the Over
The Hill Gang for skiers who are 50+. Part way through a day in the
powder & trees one guide mentioned that he's over 60 and didn't ski at
all until he went to live in Steamboat Springs 10 years ago. Or there
were the two dynamite skiers who were teenage girls until they took off
their helmets at lunchtime and turned into little old ladies.

It's fine to just prefer not to ski, but 54 years of life isn't a good
reason to believe that you cannot.

Old January 17th 05, 04:41 PM
snoig

"Giles" wrote in message
ups.com...
at my ripe 54 yrs

That's a shame! I'm about your age and just returned from a trip to
Steamboat CO where we spent several days with a group called the Over
The Hill Gang for skiers who are 50+. Part way through a day in the
powder & trees one guide mentioned that he's over 60 and didn't ski at
all until he went to live in Steamboat Springs 10 years ago. Or there
were the two dynamite skiers who were teenage girls until they took off
their helmets at lunchtime and turned into little old ladies.

It's fine to just prefer not to ski, but 54 years of life isn't a good
reason to believe that you cannot.

A couple of weeks ago, I rode the lift with a guy who was 74 and a great
skier. On the way up, he says to me 'See these ski pants? 37 years old'.
Geez, that's a little bit longer than I've been skiing.

snoig

Old January 17th 05, 05:02 PM
L H

Kind regards, LH5964
"You should be advised that the above dated msg/image has been recorded
in several different ways for future reference if need be and is
available for possible regenerated viewing by authorized authority such
as the USA/FBI/CIA/Atty Genl, etc. As you know EVERY keystroke, intended
or not intended, is recorded in memory and may be retrieved." ~

Old January 17th 05, 06:28 PM
L H

From: (L=A0H)
Date: Mon, Jan 17, 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-
Some of my younger associates, (I'm 85 and have been skiing since 1927),
in No NJ just started to ski last year at Hunter Mtn NY. I taught most
of them....very carefully.

So were I, you, I would seek out the ALTA and/or Snowbird Ski School
Chief Instructor. Tell them your situation. Ask them for beginners help
at the beginning of the day when snow is fresh, crisp and groomed. They
will put you in a class with other beginners from whom you can also
learn from their early mistakes.

My 55 year success in teaching Skiing (Sr PSIA, NSPS and 80+ Club Member
(ski FREE) is due primarily to teaching to ski WITHOUT poles. "Just two
less things to worry about." You don't need poles to ski Black Double
Diamond slopes. Your PC Instructors, however, will insist that you use
poles. It just serves to complicate any instructions and takes them
longer and more lessons to teach you with poles.

If you think ski-poles are necessary, just ask a Snowboarder. Ever see
one with poles ? We haven't..........yet ?

Once you learn how to throw your weight around over both skis with
practice as Snowboarders do, and stop on a dime on the inside-edge of
the down-hill ski, you can throw your poles in the garbage or sell'em.
Your mistakee is buying them in the first place.

I possibly learned something after 55 years of teaching 4 daughters and
12 Grandchildren to ski WITHOUT poles in Alta, Snowbird and all over the
world, . Please note, current racing rules do require that poles be
used, which they do, when in competition.

PCity - a great little town that grew up without neither
residential nor commercial property zoning. See the shacks behind the
more current construction.

E-mail message

From:
(L=A0H) Date: Mon, Jan 17, 2005, 12:46pm To:
Subject: (no subject)
[...]
practice, and stop on a dime on the inside-edge of the down-hill ski,
you can throw your poles in the grabage.
I possibly learned something after 55 years of teaching 4 daughters and
12 Grandchildren to ski WITHOUT poles. Please note, current racing rules
require that ples be used, which they do, when in competition.
Have fun but be careful !
We have stayed at and recommend The Chateau Apr=E8s Lodge

It is located only 150 yards from the main Park City Mountain Resort

lifts. This convenient Park City location makes us an ideal place to
experience all that Park city has to offer. We provide 32 Park City
hotel rooms with private bath, informal lobby with a large central
fireplace, continental breakfast to get you started, cable T.V.,
daily maid service and telephones in rooms. Our rooms consist of either
one queen-size bed or a double and a twin. We are privately owned and
are personally at your service everyday. As "A Skiers Ski Lodge" we
feature Park City ski lodging accommodations for a sensible price and a
short walk to the Park City Ski Resort area. Click Here to reserve your
Park City Lodging reservation today!
Location, location, location! We are located in the heart of Park City
and just three miles from three world class ski resorts which are Park
City Mountain Resort, The Canyons, and Deer Valley. The Chateau Apr=E8s
Lodge is also 40 miles from the Salt Lake International Airport and one
hour from Big and Little Cottonwood Canyon which is home to Alta,
Snowbird, Solitude and Brighton resorts.

Chateau Apres
P.O. Box 579
Park City,,Utah =A084060
Phone: 435-649-9372