For sale: New pair of Ibex Men's Silas Backcountry Pants, Size Large

Old January 21st 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
mountainwalker

Default For sale: New pair of Ibex Men's Silas Backcountry Pants, Size Large

http://www.ibexwear.com/shop/Product...ckcountry-Pant

These pants were a holiday gift and are brand new with the tags still
attached. I'm a longtime merino and Ibex devotee and already have the
same pants - love 'em and they are super durable and holding up great
for two years now. I used them for downhill and backcountry, x country
and snowshoeing. They breathe great - you just don't heat up like you
do when wearing all-synthetic pants. And you can wear these for weeks
with no stink.

The Silas Backcountry pants retail for $275 plus shipping and tax -
I'm selling these for $179 or best offer through Sunday, January 27.

I'll ship in the lower 48 for only $10, which includes insurance. I'll
also ship overseas - please email me for shipping costs to your area.

Size: Men's Large, Waist 34-36, semi-fitted with great 4 way stretch

Color: Black

Simply the most comfortable, stretchy and yet durable winter sports
pants you can get. Merino wool is legendary for its temperature
regulation - warm in winter and not too hot in spring. Climawool, a
blend of merino wool and cordura, is highly breathable and super
durable. These pants are brand new with tags, waiting for someone to
take them out on their next adventure.

The super durable outer fabric and warm, comfortable wool interior
handle any spring ski tour or alpine climb with ease. The cordura and
lycra blend in the exterior fabric resists ski edges, abrasion from
rock, and unexpected snow flurries. The wool interior maintains its
ability to insulate and won't feel cold and clammy against your skin
or smell like synthetic softshells. If you haven't experienced it yet,
nothing resists odor like merino (and that's why most of my base
layers are now merino). You can wear these pants for days and days
without washing - perfect for backcountry ski tours. Even on the
deepest of powder days, the high elasticized back waist and internal
powder cuffs keep the snow out.

Best Uses:

An ideal blend of warmth, breathability and weather protection for:

- Alpine/Telemark skiing

- Ski Touring

- X country skiing

- Snowshoeing and other winter sports

- Shoveling the driveway in style

Tech Specs:

- Climawool(R) Lite Softshell, Double weave with Nylon and Lycra(R)
exterior, 100% Merino interior

- Durable, breathable, wind-and water-resistant; our heaviest weight

- Semi-fit

- Internal powder cuffs; Reinforced abrasion patches at cuff

- High, elasticized back waist; Articulated knees

- Constructed waist with belt loops and double snap closure

- Welded reverse coil zippers on handwarmer and thigh pockets

- Easy care, machine washable, lay flat to dry

From the review posted on Ibex:

"5 Stars - In Fresh Pow-Pow: These Rock!

By Glen Plake Wanna-Be from Hot Utah on 8/20/2007

Waist:

Feels true to size

Length:

Feels true to length

Pros:

Breathable, High-Quality Material and Stitching, Lightweight, Stylish

Cons:

Bomb-Proof (no cons)

Best Uses:

Backcountry Skiing, Lift Service

Describe Yourself:

Double Daffy Expert

Bottom Line:

Yes, I would recommend this to a friend

I've got last year's version which I think are the same as this year's
and all I can say is kudos to Ibex for making the back country Silas
pants again! I used these from Dec cold days thru to April in Jackson
and they are totally awesome. Keeps the snow out, allows me to bend
like Richard Simmons, and not to hot on the spring days. I have yet to
damage them.

Good on you, Ibex. Keep up the great work. Worth every peso."

For more information, see Ibexwear's website:
http://www.ibexwear.com/shop/Product...ckcountry-Pant