Bananas

Old March 1st 06, 03:50 PM

Default Bananas

Hi all,

I don't usually make posts like this, but I've got to ask - does anyone
else think Bananas in Val d'Isere has gone down hill this year? I have
some happy memories of the place from the last 4 years or so, but
popped in today for a hot chocolate (first time this season) and was
treated to lazy, uninterested service (English waiter), watery hot
chocolate (we sent it back), higher prices, and a soundtrack that
really was music to slash your wrists too.

It looked like the same management as previous seasons, so I'm not sure
what's happened. Perhaps I caught them on a bad day.

Cheers,

Matt

Old March 21st 06, 12:12 PM

In the interests of 'give everyone a second chance' I returned to
Bananas last week. It was a gloriously sunny day with excellent skiing
to be had throughout the Espace Killy.

Seven of us ordered a wide variety of lunches which arrived fairly
promptly, and were very good - decent portions, very tasty, excellent
chilli.

There was still a problem with the drinks service though - pre-lunch
beers took a while to arrive and half the order was left sitting on the
bar until my wife went to fetch them. My conclusion is that the young
English waiter is the weak link this year - it was he that was dealing
with the drinks order again this time, and the owner always seems to
pulling him up on something. Why he's still there this late into the
season I really don't know. We've taken to calling him
'Tim-nice-but-dim', although 'nice' is pushing it a bit.

On previous visits, a sunny day like this would've meant we'd never
have got a table without booking, but it's telling that the place never
got above half full.

Oh, the music was better as well.

Cheers,

Matt