Battery-Powered Ski Boot Inners?

Old January 5th 06, 12:17 PM

Default Battery-Powered Ski Boot Inners?

Has anyone on here ever bought and used battery-operated ski boot
inners / insoles?

I am not aware of any brands or models - can you recommend any?

I understand they cost about 100 to 200 UK Pounds?

Do they keep your feet warm(er)? Do they work? Do they 'crowd out'
one's boot? Do they damage the boot?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

NM.

Old January 5th 06, 12:24 PM

On 5 Jan 2006 05:17:10 -0800, "NM" wrote:

Has anyone on here ever bought and used battery-operated ski boot
inners / insoles?

I am not aware of any brands or models - can you recommend any?

I understand they cost about 100 to 200 UK Pounds?

Do they keep your feet warm(er)? Do they work? Do they 'crowd out'
one's boot? Do they damage the boot?

I've not used them myself, but I remember chatting to a ski instructor
in Canada some years back, who swore by them (it was about -25 at the
time). Apparently they fit under the plastic undersole, so don't
affect the fit at all. She had them on the 'high' setting and reckoned
they kept her feet cosy warm for about 4 hours.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
Old January 5th 06, 02:36 PM

NM wrote:
Has anyone on here ever bought and used battery-operated ski boot
inners / insoles?

I am not aware of any brands or models - can you recommend any?

I understand they cost about 100 to 200 UK Pounds?

Do they keep your feet warm(er)? Do they work? Do they 'crowd out'
one's boot? Do they damage the boot?

Any other thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

NM.

Try tchibo.com who are selling them for about £30. They are very good
for service and take things back without question.
Old January 5th 06, 03:06 PM

"Ace" wrote in message
On 5 Jan 2006 05:17:10 -0800, "NM" wrote:

Has anyone on here ever bought and used battery-operated ski boot
inners / insoles?

I am not aware of any brands or models - can you recommend any?

I understand they cost about 100 to 200 UK Pounds?

Do they keep your feet warm(er)? Do they work? Do they 'crowd out'
one's boot? Do they damage the boot?

I've not used them myself, but I remember chatting to a ski instructor
in Canada some years back, who swore by them (it was about -25 at the
time). Apparently they fit under the plastic undersole, so don't
affect the fit at all. She had them on the 'high' setting and reckoned
they kept her feet cosy warm for about 4 hours.

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)
All opinions expressed are personal and in no way represent those of the

Ski Club.

I could have used some last year while in the 3v's. went up the glacier(slow
chair) in val thorens and my feet just about froze. There is a little hut at
the top and I was more than dissapointed to find it was shut so we had to
ski to the neares restarunt. took my boots off and put them next to the fire
and it took about 20 mins for everything to return to normal. This is the
first time anything like this has happened to me and it was horrible.

Paul

Old January 5th 06, 09:42 PM

Paul-S8 wrote:
"Ace" wrote in message
[...]

Paul, it's interesting that you should mention cold feet in Val
Thorens. It was precisely the same experience in Val Thorens this
Christmas - my coldest ever feet - that has prompted me to search out
some heated boot innards.