Raphael Poiree still running

Old January 20th 08, 08:13 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Default Raphael Poiree still running

Raphael Poiree is now running mass-start marathon and world loppet
races. He announced his participation to the french Transjurassienne,
Feb 10th.

He just finished 2nd at today's Foulée Blanche http://www.lafouleeblanche.com/
and 2nd last week and the Bessans marathon http://www.bessans.com/marathon_index.htm
just behind Vincent Vittoz. Not bad for a former 15km/biathlon guy.

Worth to notice results of Loic Vandel 10th at the Foulée Blanche,
racing on skis he's building with his brother and father in their
small factory. I'd like to do that, build my own skis and race on
them. http://www.ski-vandel.com/

Old January 21st 08, 01:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
tassava

On Jan 20, 3:13 pm, wrote:
Raphael Poiree is now running mass-start marathon and world loppet
races. He announced his participation to the french Transjurassienne,
Feb 10th.

He just finished 2nd at today's Foulée Blanchehttp://www.lafouleeblanche..com/
and 2nd last week and the Bessans marathonhttp://www.bessans.com/marathon_index.htm
just behind Vincent Vittoz. Not bad for a former 15km/biathlon guy.

Worth to notice results of Loic Vandel 10th at the Foulée Blanche,
racing on skis he's building with his brother and father in their
small factory. I'd like to do that, build my own skis and race on
them.http://www.ski-vandel.com/

Interesting. Mathias Fredriksson, who also quit the Tour de Ski, is
also doing Worldloppet races this winter, with his eyes on the
Marcialonga and the Vasaloppet. Is it a fluke that so many top-level
racers are jumping from the World Cup to the Worldloppet?
Old January 21st 08, 11:41 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Daniel

Is it a fluke that so many top-level
racers are jumping from the World Cup to the Worldloppet?

But look that most of them are racers who are near end of their
careers or like Estil, Alsgaard, Daehlie oficially retired.
Fredriksson also isn't so big star as few years ago but I think that
it's good for Worldloppet that famous racers start in that races.
In the past many stars decided to start in marathon races - Lundbaek,
Pierrat, Ottoson, but usually when they were in mid-thirties.
Before World Cup started, most of biggest stars compete on marathon
races, but when World Cup was invited they usually compete only in
World Cup and eventually jumped to Worldloppet when they were near end
of their careers, now situaition is similar. Sorry for not perfect
english.
Old January 22nd 08, 11:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Daniel

Poiree is on the startlist of Transjurasienne, famous 76km race in
France
Old January 22nd 08, 08:51 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Vittoz in Canada, 2 mins back in 30k pursuit.

wrote:

Raphael Poiree is now running mass-start marathon and world loppet
races. He announced his participation to the french Transjurassienne,
Feb 10th.

He just finished 2nd at today's Foulée Blanche
http://www.lafouleeblanche.com/
and 2nd last week and the Bessans marathon http://www.bessans.com/marathon_index.htm
just behind Vincent Vittoz. Not bad for a former 15km/biathlon guy.

Worth to notice results of Loic Vandel 10th at the Foulée Blanche,
racing on skis he's building with his brother and father in their
small factory. I'd like to do that, build my own skis and race on
them. http://www.ski-vandel.com/

The snowguns are up and running... Walt Alpine Skiing 4 October 5th 07 02:26 PM
aukland running 32 degrees Nordic Skiing 8 August 25th 07 03:45 PM
Schattie is still running away. Suzieflame Alpine Skiing 58 July 24th 07 06:19 PM
running 32 degrees Nordic Skiing 7 March 7th 04 12:16 AM
Running or Cycling Bob Creasote Nordic Skiing 8 August 20th 03 03:54 AM