Conditions at Stevens Pass?

Old November 29th 05, 10:12 PM

Default Conditions at Stevens Pass?

I'll be going up this coming weekend. Has anyone been up
recently? How is the snow coverage? Many rocks? Should I use
my good board yet?

Bob

Old November 30th 05, 03:47 AM

"Bob" wrote

I'll be going up this coming weekend. Has anyone been up
recently? How is the snow coverage? Many rocks? Should I use
my good board yet?

On Sunday it wasn't bad at all. Cold (by NW standards, below freezing),
sunny
most of the time. Coverage is pretty good, no bones but of course some
saplings
are still sticking out. Or maybe they just grew up from two years that I
haven't been
there

If you're not after more hardcore parts like directly under tye mill, you're
good to
go with any board. I went skiing (I'm learning) thinking there won't be
anything interesting
there for me on a board, and regretted it.

Old November 30th 05, 04:42 PM

"Dmitry" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote

I'll be going up this coming weekend. Has anyone been up
recently? How is the snow coverage? Many rocks? Should I

use
my good board yet?

On Sunday it wasn't bad at all. Cold (by NW standards,

below freezing),
sunny most of the time. Coverage is pretty good, no bones

but of course some
saplings are still sticking out. Or maybe they just grew

up from two years that I
haven't been there

I've heard that they did some extensive brush clearing on
the back side, opening up a lot of terrain.

Bob

Old December 1st 05, 01:22 AM

"Bob" wrote

I've heard that they did some extensive brush clearing on
the back side, opening up a lot of terrain.

I was mainly ****ed that the little bowl at the top of Skyline
is all filled with small pinettes. I remember it was fun to drop in
there when I was learning to snowboard, now it's just too dense
with those *******s sticking out. Why didn't they get rid of them
is beyond me.

Old December 1st 05, 03:47 AM

"Dmitry" wrote in message

"Bob" wrote

I've heard that they did some extensive brush clearing

on
the back side, opening up a lot of terrain.

I was mainly ****ed that the little bowl at the top of

Skyline
is all filled with small pinettes. I remember it was fun

to drop in
there when I was learning to snowboard, now it's just too

dense
with those *******s sticking out. Why didn't they get rid

of them
is beyond me.

I'm sure they will be buried soon, if the snow keep up.

Bob

Old December 5th 05, 04:14 PM

Sat. was great. 4 inches of fresh powder on the packed runs, 12 or more off-piste. Some rocks were showing by afternoon. Sunday,
the rocks were covered in the AM, just a few showing by 3PM.

Bob