Why would any decent person post here?

Old December 1st 03, 09:52 PM
scottabe

Default Why would any decent person post here?

Just got back after four days on the road skiing.
In a newsgroup that revels in vileness, a new standard has been lowered:
these psychopaths have been posting under my dead brother's name, repeating
a vile and despicable false allegation.
No objections. No complaints. No evidence of ANY moral or ethical
standards on this newsgroup.
Yet assholes like Seth Masia continue to post here despite the filth,
despite the vileness.

Old December 1st 03, 09:58 PM
Mark Spittal

Repressed memories revisited
I am Scott Barak Abraham's brother. I started to write a long rebuttal to
his story in Backlash ("Repressed Memory Syndrome," The Backlash, March
1995), but then I stopped. No matter what I say, some will accept, some will
not. But there is a thing that must be said. Scott Barak Abraham was not, I
repeat not, abused within our household. Since this alleged abuse is one of
the pivotal points of the article, I feel it calls the validity of the whole
article into question.
Mr. Abraham was a multiple substance abuser for over twenty years, I have
never used any drugs and haven't had a drink since I was 15 years old, 27
years ago, and was never drunk even once. I bring this up not for moral
judgment, just for one point. Mr. Abraham poisoned his mind and body for
over twenty years with mind altering drugs and substances, all of which have
been scientifically proven to affect intelligence, perception and memory.

Finally, as children, up to my 17th birthday Mr. Abraham molested me,
violently abused me almost daily, and to this day uses words of derision and
insult to attack and intimidate me. He denies this. If nothing else, I
remember him doing this, he denies it. He says both of us were victims of
multiple abusers, and I deny that with absolutely no hesitation or
reservation. Since the article says False Memory Syndrome doesn't exist, he
is quite wrong, as apparently one of us is the victim of said syndrome.

A last thought. Mr. Abraham's behavior is nothing new, it hasn't changed
ever. He threatened and intimidated when he was six, he threatened and
intimidated when he was 15, he threatened and intimidated when he was 25, he
threatens and intimidates when he is 43.

Old December 2nd 03, 02:39 AM
scottabe

in article
a3JpbWluYWw=.21060ed32fe7eaeb029ac401b0b3e0e3@1070 335846.cotse.net, Eviel
Dewar at eviel@nospam wrote on 12/1/03 7:30 PM:

scottabe wrote:

Just got back after four days on the road skiing.
In a newsgroup that revels in vileness, a new standard has been

lowered:
these psychopaths have been posting under my dead brother's name,

repeating
a vile and despicable false allegation.

Shut up, Spittal. No one gives a **** about you.

- Eviel

YOU give a **** about me, wacko. I appreciate your help.

Old December 2nd 03, 04:02 AM
scottabe

in article , Freeski at
] wrote on 12/1/03 8:58 PM:

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003, scottabe wrote:

Just got back after four days on the road skiing.

How was it?

Lovely.

In a newsgroup that revels in vileness, a new standard has been lowered:

A new standard has been lowered? What happened to the old one? How can a
new one get lowered if it's new?

Oh, please. Accuse anyone of molesting children lately, asshole?

these psychopaths have been posting under my dead brother's name, repeating
a vile and despicable false allegation.

Mark doesn't seem like the bad guy you make out. Just out of curiosity, I
surfed his name and found this...

http://web.archive.org/web/199812021...mes/mspittal/w
isdomtree.html

So, he was a singer/songwriter with a number of positive reviews to his
name. And you do what?

Post under my own name. What's yours? Any discussion of the link I posted?
My brother desperately needed to deflect the truth. So he attacked the
truthteller. Sound familiar?

No objections. No complaints.

OK, I object to those posts by your brother's "ghost" as a waste of
bandwidth since they don't talk about skiing. But neither do you so that's
a draw.

Any objection on moral and ethical grounds? Of course.

No evidence of ANY moral or ethical standards on this newsgroup.

Not true. There are lots of standards here. Some low, some high, some in
the middle.

Obviously, no high standards from the likes of you.

Yet assholes like Seth Masia continue to post here despite the filth,
despite the vileness.

Seth seems to post about nothing but skiing. That makes him VERY ethical
about sticking to the published charter for this newsgroup and not using it
as your personal, public whine-a-thon.

In your sick world, being civil to terrorists and defamatory liars is
ethical. As I was saying about no moral or ethical standards?

OBSKI: There are no ski resorts in Texas.

But there are plenty of sick, despicable, vile assholes.

Old December 3rd 03, 10:42 PM
Terd Fartingmor

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 14:52:09 -0800, scottabe
wrote this crap:

Just got back after four days on the road skiing.
In a newsgroup that revels in vileness, a new standard has been lowered:
these psychopaths have been posting under my dead brother's name, repeating
a vile and despicable false allegation.
No objections. No complaints. No evidence of ANY moral or ethical
standards on this newsgroup.
Yet assholes like Seth Masia continue to post here despite the filth,
despite the vileness.

If you don't like it, you can always leave.

Hero@Horvath

I don't spend my money on food. I spend most of my money
on women, porn, booze, and recreation. The rest of it I just waste.