Training Week Oct 20-26th

Old October 28th 03, 02:54 PM
Dave Kiely

Default Training Week Oct 20-26th

Let's see:

Mon- Strength: 3 sets dips, pull-ups, sit-ups, push-ups
Tues-1:15 indoor bike trainer-level 1
Wed-1:30 run: 5 X 6:30 X 2:30 @ ~90% MHR
Thurs- 1:00 Easy double pole-level 1
Fri-Strength again
Sat- 2:30 skate rollerski, level 1-2
Sun-2:30 hike with the family

Had hoped to get another intensity session in over the weekend but it didn't
happen. Did have some interesting black ice on the road Saturday morning as
I rollerskied, real snow must be close!

Dave Kiely

"Anders Lustig" wrote in message
om...
Greeting r.s.ners! Please tell us about your training week
(and your goals)!

MON 0:00

TUE 2:00 Nordic walking

WED 1:00 Running, incl. 20x 30s+30s (vVO2max/jog)

THU 2:00 Nordic walking

FRI 1:00 Upper body strength work at the gym

SAT 2:00 Running

SUN 2:00 Skiing!!!

Another "Lydiardian" week, crowned by my first ever October
skiing since I left my childhood´s more northern climes: a
perfect sunny zero degree days and about four inches of snow:-)

Anders

PS should there be a popular demand for this thread, it would
be better if someone with a habit of posting on Sundays took
up the responsibility and the honour of starting it each week.

(I never do - I´m strictly an "only on my employer´s time"
kind of guy.)

Old October 28th 03, 07:31 PM
Jerry McMahan

[...]

MON: 30 min. strength at home; core strength on Swiss ball.

TUE: 3X5min. ski striding with poles, steep hill, pulse to 90% max, recover
to 50%.

WED: 90 min. yoga, followed by 45 min. general strength training in gym.

THU: 45 min. run, level I except 8X10sec accelerations and 4X15sec steep hill.

FRI: rest.

SAT: 2 hour run, easy terrain, level I.

SUN: 30 minute hill climb, ski striding with poles, at downhill area. Pulse
85% max. 4 hours cutting and splitting firewood when I got home.

No Rollerskiing; too wet!
Old October 29th 03, 06:21 AM
Chequama Mama

Default Youngest Poster

Dell Todd wrote:
Chequama Mama wrote

FYI: I"m only 22 (youngest on this newsgroup by far?) and so I can still
suffer dillusions of great improvement to a very high level of the sport.

More than you wanted to know

Paul

I believe that Eric Shmo Chandler is also a U23 category.

Hmm, I bet you're correct,

I'm sure he'll make up for my error it by beating up on me in some race
in the midwest this winter.

Paul

Old October 29th 03, 05:26 PM
Dell Todd

I believe that Eric Shmo Chandler is also a U23 category.
Hmm, I bet you're correct,

I'm sure he'll make up for my error it by beating up on me in some race
in the midwest this winter.

Paul

I believe he is a U of MN ski teamer. He went to the Birkie last year
for his 1st one. He did something outlandish, like a top 100 finish
from Wave 2.
Old October 30th 03, 04:20 AM
Eric W. Chandler

I believe that Eric Shmo Chandler is also a U23 category.
Hmm, I bet you're correct,

I'm sure he'll make up for my error it by beating up on me in some race
in the midwest this winter.

Hell, man, I'm 36. I wish I was U23. Maybe it's my rapier wit that makes me
seem edgy and young. Or not.

Eric "Shmo" Chandler
Duluth, MN

Old October 30th 03, 02:48 PM
Jacob Scheckman

Sorry man, I'm a 19 year old occasional poster. Hell, I'm still a
junior. Talk about dillusions of grandeur...
jacob