Made in china??

Old February 20th 06, 06:18 AM

Default Made in china??

Topic...How do borders feel about buying boards that are made in china?
for example K2 now produce
boards there and yes i no boots, binding are produced are already
manufactured there but are the factories environmentally sound? and how
do they justify profit margins over chinas politics.
just curious to see how people feel about the topic or perhaps its to
political?
Has anybody seen boots or bindings made in north america?? if so let me
know.

Old February 21st 06, 04:48 AM

just curious to see how people feel about the topic or perhaps its to
political?

I do find that discussing politics on the Internet rarely ends well, so I'm
going to stay out of that one...

Has anybody seen boots or bindings made in north america?? if so let me
know.

This I will answer because it can be done so in an unbiased manner

I'm pretty sure Catek bindings are made in the USA, or at least most of
their components are. www.catek.com. If you're into plate bindings,
Bomber TD2's are most definitely made in the USA. www.bomberonline.com

As for boots... I do not know of any made in North America. I think UPZ
hard boots are made in Austria, Raichle/Deeluxe are no longer made in
Switzerland (although no discernable difference in quality - I think my
'05's were made in Hungary?)

For a while a lot of bidnings, including Burton and Salomon, were made in
Italy but it's been a LONG time since I've bought anything but Bomber plate
bindings s I don't know about the newer ones.

Hope that helps,

Mike T

Old February 21st 06, 11:11 AM

hmm... the question is: what is NOT made in china nowadays...

they can almost alwayst make it cheaper than anyone else... if you feel bad
about buying things made in china, think of it this way:
you are paying, let's say, 100$ for a product made in china, that would cost
140$ if it was made in USA.

If you feel bad about not buying a "made in USA produce" simply donate 40$
to charity/goverment each time you buy something made in china. Or more if
you feel like it.

I don't think chinese people, or any other people in general, should feel
guilty about simply adopting to current free market economy... we all wont
the latest at the cheapest possible price... and only Asians can do that...
because they work for far lesser wages than we.