Heat molding s-lab boots

Old December 19th 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
chrism

Default Heat molding s-lab boots

Just bought some S-lab skate boots with custom fit, but they don't
come with any instructions for heat molding. Does anybody have any
info on doing this at home - do I just heat them up with a hairdryer?
Old December 19th 07, 09:19 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Steve Thatcher

On Dec 19, 3:39 pm, chrism wrote:
Just bought some S-lab skate boots with custom fit, but they don't
come with any instructions for heat molding. Does anybody have any
info on doing this at home - do I just heat them up with a hairdryer?

The shop is supposed to be set up to do this. I had mine done at the
shop. They stuck a hair dryer looking device in the boots and then I
put them on and wore them for 20 minutes. I was not supposed to walk
around. Just sit in a chair. They were quite warm, not
uncomfortable, but noticiable, when I first put them on. The shop
device was a double headed unit. You may have to do the boots one at
a time to get them warm enough
Old December 26th 07, 02:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Be aware this is a marketing gimmick. No relation to orthotics.