Scarpa Denali Adjustments

Old February 24th 05, 10:53 PM
Flip

Default Scarpa Denali Adjustments

Hello- I've just switched from Alpine gear to AT gear, using the Denali's on
Freerides, on Arc Angels. The only thing I'm not use to is that my Denali's
don't seem to have as much forward lean as my old Alpine boots. I have the
blue XT's from 2004. I don't see any adjustments. Anyone know of any kits or
adjustments available to increase forward lean?

Thanks!
Flip

Old February 25th 05, 01:08 AM
mark

In article ,
"Flip" wrote:

Hello- I've just switched from Alpine gear to AT gear, using the Denali's on
Freerides, on Arc Angels. The only thing I'm not use to is that my Denali's
don't seem to have as much forward lean as my old Alpine boots. I have the
blue XT's from 2004. I don't see any adjustments. Anyone know of any kits or
adjustments available to increase forward lean?

Thanks!
Flip

I put heel lifts in, it's helped some and I also added
boosterstraps-which helped quit a bit-not about forward lean though.
Check out Lou Dawson's (www.wildnow.com) site for his modifications on
some Scarpa Lasers-might be able to utilize some of them. I use a
Flexon tongue with my Denalis and it works great.

Another option is to have the freerides mounted without the front shim,
give more ramp angle, though some shops may not want to do that.

Mark

--
mark

"Under capitalism, man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite."
-John Kenneth Galbraith
Old February 25th 05, 07:18 AM
Jeremy Mortimer

"Flip" wrote in
:

Hello- I've just switched from Alpine gear to AT gear, using the
Denali's on Freerides, on Arc Angels. The only thing I'm not use to
is that my Denali's don't seem to have as much forward lean as my old
Alpine boots. I have the blue XT's from 2004. I don't see any
adjustments. Anyone know of any kits or adjustments available to
increase forward lean?

Thanks!
Flip

Denalis have two forward lean settings - check that you are getting the
right one. If you switch them from walk to ski and then push forward you
will get the more upright setting; you should push forward hard, switch to
ski then let them come back up and you will get the more forward setting.

Other than that, you can get a sort of plastic plate which screws into the
back of the cuff which pushes you a little further forward. I have these -
they don't interfere when walking.

NB, this is for the old red ones from about 5 years ago (they do last,
other than the occasional broken buckle). From looking at the blue ones in
the shops they don't seem to have changed much, though.

Jeremy
Old February 27th 05, 08:14 PM
Dickie

wildnow.com seems to be dead. Is there another url? I'm quite interested in
modifying my Scarpa Lasers. tks dickie

Old February 28th 05, 04:31 PM
Greg

Dickie wrote:
wildnow.com seems to be dead. Is there another url? I'm quite interested in
modifying my Scarpa Lasers. tks dickie

wildsnow.com

-G
Old February 28th 05, 05:31 PM
Gary S.

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:31:44 -0800, Greg
wrote:

Dickie wrote:
wildnow.com seems to be dead. Is there another url? I'm quite interested in
modifying my Scarpa Lasers. tks dickie

wildsnow.com

If nothing else, the Internet will force people to learn to spell URLs
and email addresses correctly.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)
--
At the 51st percentile of ursine intelligence

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Old February 28th 05, 07:47 PM
Uli Hausmann

Flip schrieb:

Hello- I've just switched from Alpine gear to AT gear, using the Denali's on
Freerides, on Arc Angels. The only thing I'm not use to is that my Denali's
don't seem to have as much forward lean as my old Alpine boots. I have the
blue XT's from 2004. I don't see any adjustments. Anyone know of any kits or
adjustments available to increase forward lean?

Not just a kit:

1) there is an orange (softer) tongue. [But IMHO the standard tongue of
the Denali is to short(low)]

2) therefor, the better arrangement is to make the tongue higher (adding
a piece of plastic - of another, old boot). I f you do that, the tongue
embraces way better your shin and you can exercise more pressure with
less forcing.

Greetings,

Ulrich
Old March 1st 05, 02:29 PM
Flip

Jeremy-

Wow- thanks a ton, man! I didn't realize there were two settings. Nothing
in the manual about that. That second, more forward setting is the ticket
for skiing.

Flip

"Jeremy Mortimer" wrote in message
"Flip" wrote in