Injuries Really Really Suck

Old July 4th 07, 12:12 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_5_]

Default Injuries Really Really Suck

vincent walker wrote:
Over the last couple of years, I've seen some
pretty nasty things involving prescription and OTC medications. I've
gotten pretty draconian about their usage. I just shake my head when
I have a patient on 10-15 meds. Anyhoo, that's another story.

Naprosyn Sustained Release 1000! Great stuff. When the back flares up, this
stuff will flare it back down again, and it has a shell so the stuff doesn't
come out until it's past your stomach.

--
ant
Don't try to reply to my email addy:

Old July 4th 07, 01:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
"ant" wrote:

It's sad when people try overdosing on paracetamol/actominaphen to kill
themselves. It'll kill you, but it's SLOW and horribly painful as your liver
curls up and dissolves.

It's awful when some makes a "suicidal gesture" to get attention and
happens to pick Tylenol instead of aspirin or Prozac or something
relatively harmless.
Old July 4th 07, 05:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Two Buddha

"Richard Henry" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Jul 3, 6:46 pm, "Two Buddha" wrote:
Five months in Utah?
Gotta be Snowturd.
Cool.

Gee, Scott, now that your superior detective work had determined Ant's
place of employment*, you must dash off a letter to the GM teeling the
truth about her. Include lots of evidence, like RSA postings, news
reports, police reports, and the Wired article. That'll convince
them.

Oh, wait. It's July. D'OH!

Happy to show rsa postings. There's always next year.

Old July 4th 07, 06:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Jul 4, 10:23 am, "Two Buddha" wrote:
"Richard Henry" wrote in message

ups.com...

On Jul 3, 6:46 pm, "Two Buddha" wrote:
Five months in Utah?
Gotta be Snowturd.
Cool.

Gee, Scott, now that your superior detective work had determined Ant's
place of employment*, you must dash off a letter to the GM teeling the
truth about her. Include lots of evidence, like RSA postings, news
reports, police reports, and the Wired article. That'll convince
them.

Oh, wait. It's July. D'OH!

Happy to show rsa postings. There's always next year.

To the best of my (limited) knowledge, Ant has never worked more than
one year in any North American resort. Better try a mass mailing.

Old July 4th 07, 09:23 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo

On Jul 4, 12:27 pm, Richard Henry wrote:
On Jul 4, 10:23 am, "Two Buddha" wrote:

"Richard Henry" wrote in message

oups.com...

On Jul 3, 6:46 pm, "Two Buddha" wrote:
Five months in Utah?
Gotta be Snowturd.
Cool.

Gee, Scott, now that your superior detective work had determined Ant's
place of employment*, you must dash off a letter to the GM teeling the
truth about her. Include lots of evidence, like RSA postings, news
reports, police reports, and the Wired article. That'll convince
them.

Oh, wait. It's July. D'OH!

Happy to show rsa postings. There's always next year.

To the best of my (limited) knowledge, Ant has never worked more than
one year in any North American resort. Better try a mass mailing.- Hide quoted text -

yes she has

Old July 5th 07, 12:35 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

ant wrote:

vincent walker wrote:
Over the last couple of years, I've seen some
pretty nasty things involving prescription and OTC medications. I've
gotten pretty draconian about their usage. I just shake my head when
I have a patient on 10-15 meds. Anyhoo, that's another story.

Naprosyn Sustained Release 1000! Great stuff. When the back flares up, this
stuff will flare it back down again, and it has a shell so the stuff doesn't
come out until it's past your stomach.

It can cause liver problems, though. I went back to ibuprofen. So far, so
good.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old July 5th 07, 11:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
ant[_5_]

The Real Bev wrote:
ant wrote:

vincent walker wrote:
Over the last couple of years, I've seen some
pretty nasty things involving prescription and OTC medications. I've
gotten pretty draconian about their usage. I just shake my head when
I have a patient on 10-15 meds. Anyhoo, that's another story.

Naprosyn Sustained Release 1000! Great stuff. When the back flares
up, this stuff will flare it back down again, and it has a shell so
the stuff doesn't come out until it's past your stomach.

It can cause liver problems, though. I went back to ibuprofen. So
far, so good.

You're safe from the 1000. From what I have gathered, the strongest you guys
are allowed to have is 750. Dunno why.
Only side effect I get from the 1000 is I get hot at night (you eat it
during dinner).

These things totally nuke inflammation and flare ups of injuries.

Old July 5th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

Bob Lee wrote:

vincent walker wrote:

I've finally done it. My fat ass is injured from work. Three bulging lumbar
discs and sciatica in both legs. I've got a MRI scheduled next week. At work
on Friday-an orthopedic surgeon took one look at me and wrote me the MRI
prescription on the spot. Maybe I need a Lever Action 30.06 and start
shooting out neighbors' porch lights.

"Every year on the anniversary he comes over and shoots out my porch light.
And that man is a JUDGE!"

Ouch! It's gotta be a drag to find yourself on the receiving end of
medical care. Good luck with the MRI - like someone suggested earplugs
are a good idea. Hope you're not claustrophobic.

When I had mine the tech gave me a headphone and managed to find a classical
music station for me. There was a picture of an open window looking out on
a garden on the ceiling. I almost fell asleep.

If you're claustrophobic (like my mom) close your eyes before it starts and
DO NOT OPEN THEM AGAIN until it's all over. Even the "open" machines can be
daunting.

--
Cheers, Bev
"A stupid person is a person who causes losses to another person

Old July 6th 07, 12:54 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
clarencedarrow

On Jul 5, 11:01 am, Bob Lee wrote:
vincent walker wrote:
I've finally done it. My fat ass is injured from work. Three bulging lumbar
discs and sciatica in both legs. I've got a MRI scheduled next week. At work
on Friday-an orthopedic surgeon took one look at me and wrote me the MRI
prescription on the spot. Maybe I need a Lever Action 30.06 and start
shooting out neighbors' porch lights.

Ouch! It's gotta be a drag to find yourself on the receiving end of
medical care. Good luck with the MRI - like someone suggested earplugs
are a good idea. Hope you're not claustrophobic.

Bob

I've had one before. One of the funny stories is that any sort of
implanted metal can preclude an MRI. One of my patients was examined
and I got a phone call telling me that this guy had a cylindrical
metal object in his head and he couldn't have an MRI. I asked the
patient what the metal was - he said he was out bird hunting with his
pastor and the preacher accidentally shot him in the head-How Dick
Cheney can you get. I wonder how many times a year that happens in
Texas.

Calf Injuries? Mike M. Miskulin Snowboarding 6 March 17th 07 12:02 PM
Arizona is the suck Chad Snowboarding 3 January 20th 06 04:20 PM
head injuries pose low risk of brain injuries Jeff Potter Nordic Skiing 19 August 31st 04 01:05 PM
Alpine injuries lal_truckee Alpine Skiing 2 April 25th 04 07:42 PM
Ski Websites that Suck Walt Alpine Skiing 79 February 13th 04 06:43 PM