the world's first ski race

Old June 12th 12, 08:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

Default the world's first ski race

Every body knows this, except maybe a couple of newbies, but it's on
topic and I'm gonna mention it again.

The world's first ski race was held right here in California.
Not Scandinavia. not the Alps, not even by Dartmouth, but here, on
longboard skis, with timing, awards, and plenty of beer.

http://www.gonomad.com/features/1003/ca-ski-images/sign.jpg
http://media.oregonlive.com/outdoors_impact/photo/longboard1jpg-d43e29f0dc757a18.jpg
http://www.gonomad.com/features/1003/ca-ski-images/longboards.jpg
http://www.stbernardlodge.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/longboard.jpg
Old June 13th 12, 12:20 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Tuesday, June 12, 2012 1:50:38 PM UTC-7, lal_truckee wrote:
Every body knows this, except maybe a couple of newbies, but it's on
topic and I'm gonna mention it again.

The world's first ski race was held right here in California.
Not Scandinavia. not the Alps, not even by Dartmouth, but here, on
longboard skis, with timing, awards, and plenty of beer.

http://www.gonomad.com/features/1003/ca-ski-images/sign.jpg
http://media.oregonlive.com/outdoors_impact/photo/longboard1jpg-d43e29f0dc757a18.jpg
http://www.gonomad.com/features/1003/ca-ski-images/longboards.jpg
http://www.stbernardlodge.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/longboard.jpg

There are no newbies, asshole. They figure out that you are a psychopathic pathological liar, complete fraud, and dickless coward, and they leave.
Thanks for kissing Horvath's ass today. You proved my point, dumb****.
Old June 13th 12, 01:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 06/12/2012 01:50 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
Every body knows this, except maybe a couple of newbies, but it's on
topic and I'm gonna mention it again.

The world's first ski race was held right here in California.
Not Scandinavia. not the Alps, not even by Dartmouth, but here, on
longboard skis, with timing, awards, and plenty of beer.

Everything is better in California except the government.

--
Cheers, Bev

Old June 13th 12, 03:01 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tuesday, June 12, 2012 6:52:25 PM UTC-7, The Real Bev wrote:
On 06/12/2012 01:50 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
Every body knows this, except maybe a couple of newbies, but it's on
topic and I'm gonna mention it again.

The world's first ski race was held right here in California.
Not Scandinavia. not the Alps, not even by Dartmouth, but here, on
longboard skis, with timing, awards, and plenty of beer.

Everything is better in California except the government.

Certainly California supplies three of the best liars every to spew filth on rsa.
Old June 13th 12, 11:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 18:52:25 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

Everything is better in California except the government.

The weather sucks. The place is a state-wide insane asylum. The
prices are insane. Traffic is nutso. Gangs roam the streets.
Apparently you've never been anyplace decent, like Detroit.

The only place good in California is Disneyland. And you need a
backpack full of money to go there.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old June 13th 12, 11:56 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 13:50:38 -0700, lal_truckee
wrote this crap:

Every body knows this, except maybe a couple of newbies, but it's on
topic and I'm gonna mention it again.

The world's first ski race was held right here in California.
Not Scandinavia. not the Alps, not even by Dartmouth, but here, on
longboard skis, with timing, awards, and plenty of beer.

It doesn't count. They didn't have rum.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.
Old June 13th 12, 04:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 6/12/12 6:12 PM, comadrejo wrote:

I consider the Birkebeiner/Birkebeinerrennet the first ski race. In a
sense it was National competition,( Birkebein v. Baglers) Much like
Pheidippides was the first marathon runner, (well according to Herotodus)

Wikipedia:
"The Birkebeinerrennet run has been held since 1932"

The Gold Country longboard ski races since 1855 according to local
newspaper morgues.
Old June 13th 12, 05:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

And you've been a pathological liar and coward since the day you were born. So ****ing what?
Old June 13th 12, 06:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

wrote this crap:

Everything is better in California except the government.

The weather sucks.

Depends on where you are. Except for 90% humidity all the time, you can
probably find a place in California with weather you like.

The place is a state-wide insane asylum. The
prices are insane.

For heavily-taxed stuff like gas, telephone, electricity, local produce
and non-food purchases, yes. It's mind-boggling that people can buy
California fruit cheaper in other areas of the country.

OTOH, we are all fantastically wealthy and don't have to care about
stuff like sniff prices.

Traffic is nutso.

Traffic is heavy; PEOPLE are nutso.

Gangs roam the streets.

Location location location. Just because a kid LOOKS like a gang thug
it doesn't mean he isn't an honor student who does community service
because he wants to and not because it's a condition of his parole.

Apparently you've never been anyplace decent, like Detroit.

I've been to Detroit, but back in the 80s. Is it like Newark? We took
an accidental turn early one Sunday morning and ended up in Newark. I
really felt uncomfortable, although I figured that evildoers probably
don't get up early on Sunday morning -- would you if you didn't have to
go to church?

The only place good in California is Disneyland. And you need a
backpack full of money to go there.

Disneyland sucks, although some of the rides are fantastic. The
hang-gliding-over-parts-of-California ride was great and I felt really
cheated that it was so short. Half an hour would be nice...

Magic Mountain has better rides. It also has the second ugliest
clientele of any "attraction" in California -- first ugliest is the Los
Angeles County Fair.

--
Cheers, Bev

Old June 13th 12, 08:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 11:54:15 -0700, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

Everything is better in California except the government.

The weather sucks.

Depends on where you are. Except for 90% humidity all the time, you can
probably find a place in California with weather you like.

Everyplace I've been to in California had sucky weather. LA was too
hot, and SF was too cold. The wind was always from the North and the
crappy brown beaches were cold. Only in Napa Valley was there decent
weather.

The place is a state-wide insane asylum. The
prices are insane.

For heavily-taxed stuff like gas, telephone, electricity, local produce
and non-food purchases, yes. It's mind-boggling that people can buy
California fruit cheaper in other areas of the country.

No it's not mind boggling. Even their wine is cheaper in other parts
of the country.

OTOH, we are all fantastically wealthy and don't have to care about
stuff like sniff prices.

Traffic is nutso.

Traffic is heavy; PEOPLE are nutso.

Ever drive in the rain in LA? You don't.

Gangs roam the streets.

Location location location. Just because a kid LOOKS like a gang thug
it doesn't mean he isn't an honor student who does community service
because he wants to and not because it's a condition of his parole.

Apparently you've never been anyplace decent, like Detroit.

I've been to Detroit, but back in the 80s. Is it like Newark? We took
an accidental turn early one Sunday morning and ended up in Newark. I
really felt uncomfortable, although I figured that evildoers probably
don't get up early on Sunday morning -- would you if you didn't have to
go to church?

The evildoers you saw were probably up all night.

The only place good in California is Disneyland. And you need a
backpack full of money to go there.

Disneyland sucks, although some of the rides are fantastic. The
hang-gliding-over-parts-of-California ride was great and I felt really
cheated that it was so short. Half an hour would be nice...

Magic Mountain has better rides. It also has the second ugliest
clientele of any "attraction" in California -- first ugliest is the Los
Angeles County Fair.

I always liked Knott's Berry Farm. They sell beer there.

Vote for Romney. Repeal the nightmares.

off to race down_hill Alpine Skiing 1 February 2nd 12 12:52 PM
The world's most annoying instrument.. Walt Alpine Skiing 13 June 16th 10 03:53 PM
OT - World's Most Prestigious Bicycle Race Victories [email protected] Nordic Skiing 0 March 7th 05 10:10 PM
First Race Nevalainen, Eric Nordic Skiing 11 January 7th 04 06:47 PM