No instructing for me this winter...

Old October 18th 10, 05:17 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Bob F

Default No instructing for me this winter...

Bob F wrote:

FWIW, I just un-blocked some of the people in this thread, using google groups
to track down their addresses to find in the blocked list. I wonder how long
they will remain un-blocked? In the last few minutes, I already see one who will
probably go back on the list, due to his latest post in the other group.

It sure would be nice to have a flame-free ski forum.

Old October 18th 10, 11:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
BrritSki[_2_]

On 18/10/2010 06:17, Bob F wrote:
Bob F wrote:

FWIW, I just un-blocked some of the people in this thread, using google groups
to track down their addresses to find in the blocked list. I wonder how long
they will remain un-blocked? In the last few minutes, I already see one who will
probably go back on the list, due to his latest post in the other group.

It sure would be nice to have a flame-free ski forum.

Let's see if this gets through....

Old October 18th 10, 11:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
VtSkier[_4_]

On Oct 14, 6:56 pm, Alan Baker wrote:
....and that's OK.

Last year, I didn't instruct because Cypress Mountain downsized their
staff during the Olympic Games. This year they've changed the rules
enough that it's no longer worth the hassle.

Oh, well... I guess I'll take my level II course this year and see what
next year brings...

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia

So I finally figured out how to "join" a group on Google Groups. I
have a gmail account, the whole catastrophe (name that movie). Let's
see if this gets through hanging on Alan's coat tails.

Vt

Old October 18th 10, 11:47 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
downhill

Bob F wrote:
Bob F wrote:

FWIW, I just un-blocked some of the people in this thread, using google groups
to track down their addresses to find in the blocked list. I wonder how long
they will remain un-blocked? In the last few minutes, I already see one who will
probably go back on the list, due to his latest post in the other group.

It sure would be nice to have a flame-free ski forum.

Will try to post again but it seems to go no where........

Old October 19th 10, 12:01 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
downhill

downhill wrote:
Bob F wrote:
Bob F wrote:

FWIW, I just un-blocked some of the people in this thread, using
google groups to track down their addresses to find in the blocked
list. I wonder how long they will remain un-blocked? In the last few
minutes, I already see one who will probably go back on the list, due
to his latest post in the other group.

It sure would be nice to have a flame-free ski forum.

Will try to post again but it seems to go no where........

I think I sent this yesterday.....

Old October 19th 10, 12:02 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Bob F

downhill wrote:
Bob F wrote:
It sure would be nice to have a flame-free ski forum.

Will try to post again but it seems to go no where........

Both BritSki and downhill made it. Making progress.

Old October 19th 10, 12:04 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
downhill

Bob F wrote:
downhill wrote:
Bob F wrote:
It sure would be nice to have a flame-free ski forum.

Will try to post again but it seems to go no where........

Both BritSki and downhill made it. Making progress.

I thank all in the back ground.....

Old October 19th 10, 09:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Richard Henry

On Oct 18, 4:42 pm, VtSkier wrote:
On Oct 14, 6:56 pm, Alan Baker wrote:

....and that's OK.

Last year, I didn't instruct because Cypress Mountain downsized their
staff during the Olympic Games. This year they've changed the rules
enough that it's no longer worth the hassle.

Oh, well... I guess I'll take my level II course this year and see what
next year brings...

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
http://gallery.me.com/alangbaker/100008/DSCF0162/web.jpg

So I finally figured out how to "join" a group on Google Groups. I
have a gmail account, the whole catastrophe (name that movie). Let's
see if this gets through hanging on Alan's coat tails.

Vt

When I started with google groups years ago, I created an unused email
account ) that I imagine has millions of unviewed
spam messages in it by now.

Old October 19th 10, 02:40 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
BrritSki

On 19/10/2010 02:02, Bob F wrote:
downhill wrote:
Bob F wrote:
It sure would be nice to have a flame-free ski forum.

Will try to post again but it seems to go no where........

Both BritSki and downhill made it. Making progress.

I have posted before, using Thunderbird and the same email/computer
setup so maybe that makes a difference.

Old October 23rd 10, 04:53 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine.moderated
Alan Baker

In article ,
"Bob F" wrote:
I taught my new girlfriend to ski last winter. She had never been on skis in
her
life. After half a dozen days, she was skiing blues all over Steven Pass, and
doing good looking parallel turns. That was at 62 years old. There's an old
couple at Stevens, probably 10-20 years older than that who are snowboarders.
They couldn't have learned very young. I started snowboarding in my mid 50's,
and then taught it a number of years. Don't let age stop you - with the right
instruction, and being in reasonable shape, you should be able to love
skiing.

Agreed.

The new gear and the latest instructional techniques can have you skiing
parallel in very short order.