insane ski crash vid

Old February 6th 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
paul rubens

Default insane ski crash vid

don't know how to embed... first vid on this page
http://skibiffs.blogspot.com

titled 'crash at us freeski nationals'.... can't believe he skied out after
that slam.

the last one on the page 'classic box biff' is also a freakin gem

Old February 6th 07, 06:56 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Marty

On Feb 6, 11:42 am, "paul rubens" wrote:
don't know how to embed... first vid on this pagehttp://skibiffs.blogspot.com

titled 'crash at us freeski nationals'.... can't believe he skied out after
that slam.

the last one on the page 'classic box biff' is also a freakin gem

These are great! It even includes my favorite GS crash: Daron doing
the dinner roll into the inflatable barrier.

Thanks!
--
Marty

Old February 6th 07, 07:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev

paul rubens wrote:
don't know how to embed... first vid on this page
http://skibiffs.blogspot.com

titled 'crash at us freeski nationals'.... can't believe he skied out after
that slam.

I like the third one. Best laugh I've had all day, even after 6 viewings...

the last one on the page 'classic box biff' is also a freakin gem

What kind of sick freak puts together stuff like this? Oh, wait...

--
Cheers, Bev
===================================
Old February 6th 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
bumpfreaq

On Feb 6, 1:42 pm, "paul rubens" wrote:
don't know how to embed... first vid on this pagehttp://skibiffs.blogspot.com

titled 'crash at us freeski nationals'.... can't believe he skied out after
that slam.

the last one on the page 'classic box biff' is also a freakin gem

Thanks Pee Wee!

Chris
12 days

Old February 6th 07, 11:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
alf

The Real Bev wrote:
paul rubens wrote:

don't know how to embed... first vid on this page
http://skibiffs.blogspot.com

titled 'crash at us freeski nationals'.... can't believe he skied out
after
that slam.

I like the third one. Best laugh I've had all day, even after 6
viewings...

looks like he repeated it a few time - there was already the whole in
that spot of ramp

--
alf
Old February 7th 07, 12:53 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
user

Witnessed a similar accident during the same competition at Snowbird.
Related the experience to the group with the question as to whether this was
an ethical sport. Competitor was very badly hurt. It took more than an hour
to secure him for the helo ride to the valley. From where I sat, I could
hear his skis hit the rock and his bones breaking - two distinct sounds -
SLAP/CRACKLE.

This is an unusual sport, given the inherent risk of skiing dangerous
terrain "on sight" at the ragged edge of control by skiers of widely varying
experience and skill (granted, they're all talented).For downhill, they at
least prep the course to some degree of passive restraint. You may break you
neck in the net, but at least they won't be peeling you off a cliff face. At
Snowbird they were trudging off to a diffent part of the mountain every
morning. That's a lot of new variables to deal with each day, and not much
time to assess them.

A corralary might be competitive BASE jumping or soloing.

Anyone know if the sponsoring organization keeps count of broken bodies?

At any rate, I admit it's interesting to watch, especially through the
sterility of the video camera. Being there in person can be a little
tougher, especially when they fall and don't get up.

OC